Officer parked in homeowner's driveway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CViolin98

An officer pulled me over for a speeding ticket. I will know based on Discovery if he was parked on someone's property. Without formal knowledge of this, I believe that there is a high chance that he was. If the Discovery states that he was on someone's property, are there any specific laws that someone is aware of that requires him to have written permission to park there? I have read a few questions in this Forum and on the internet about this question, but have yet to find a clear answer.

I am not too sure what difference it makes (but maybe it does), but he was a motorcycle officer, and had his helmet on.

How would parking on someone else's property violate any of your rights? You would only have a case against a ticket if any of your rights were violated, not if only someone else's property rights might have been violated.

Maybe it is his house. In one town near here the chief bought a house with a big tree in the front yard on the main highway through town. He would park his cruiser in the shade and run a baby monitor into the house so he could hear the radar beep when it locked on. He would look out the window and radio Barney to stop you. Didn't even have to miss Mayberry on the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back