Officer made a mistake on the ticket?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gudzy

Ok, here is the situation:

Sherriff pulled over my girlfriend for making an illegal left turn at a right turn only. (sign posted). This happened in Kettering Ohio (Washington Twsp). The ticket is a freaking 145 dollars!

The officer wrote on the ticket my girlfriends birthday as 1/29/79. However, her birthday is 11/29/79. She called the clerk of courts and of course they told her that this is merely a clerical error and that there was nothing she could do about it and it wouldn't change anything. Is this true? I've heard numerous stories where a mistake like this gets you out of a citation.

Does anyone have any advice? Would she need to go to court to get this one thrown out? Thanks in advance,

-Gudzy

we had this question here just a week ago. The clerk is absolutely right, this is a minor mistake which definitely will not make the ticket unvalid.

My advice: pay it.

NYCLex has it correct. It's a minor mistake and not material. It will very likely not get thrown out.

Originally posted by Gudzy
Ok, here is the situation:

Sherriff pulled over my girlfriend for making an illegal left turn at a right turn only. (sign posted). This happened in Kettering Ohio (Washington Twsp). The ticket is a freaking 145 dollars!

The officer wrote on the ticket my girlfriends birthday as 1/29/79. However, her birthday is 11/29/79. She called the clerk of courts and of course they told her that this is merely a clerical error and that there was nothing she could do about it and it wouldn't change anything. Is this true? I've heard numerous stories where a mistake like this gets you out of a citation.

Does anyone have any advice? Would she need to go to court to get this one thrown out? Thanks in advance,

-Gudzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back