Obtaining Corporate Emails Between Spouse and Lover

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpmorin

Hello,

My wife and I are in the midsts of contested divorce. She works for a large public Utility company in the Information Technology department. I suspect that she is having an affair with a fellow coworker and I would like to know if it is possible to obtain emails from 2004 to present between her and the coworker. Has this ever been done before?

Sincerely,

bpmorin

Probably not. Unless you are in a state that does not have no fault divorces, it does not matter who is committing adultery. You certainly cannot try and get emails from her work itis likely that stuff is deleted anyways. What makes you think they have emails that old?

The company will only have to turn them over if a judge orders it but I would not count on it.

Connecticut is not a NO FAULT State. Also most if not all public corporations are required to keep emails and other electronic data for a certain period of time. I was looking to see if this has ever been done before in a divorce case. I know it has been done in other civil cases.

Duranie said:
Probably not. Unless you are in a state that does not have no fault divorces, it does not matter who is committing adultery. You certainly cannot try and get emails from her work itis likely that stuff is deleted anyways. What makes you think they have emails that old?

The company will only have to turn them over if a judge orders it but I would not count on it.

The emails would not prove anything. It is a longshot to get a judge to order this company to turn over emails. Hiring a PI would have been more effective to prove an affair.

Actually I saw one of them prior to her leaving and I know they must have a lot in there as they are trying to block us from getting at it, citing that she may lose her job. If she would lose her job over this, then there must be something in there that violates the company's AUP.

As for the PI thing, at the time it was a cost issue. I am not sure if it was something that would be relevant today as so much time has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back