1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Obtained Property by false pretense? Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant

Discussion in 'Criminal Procedure, Criminal Court' started by mstennant, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mstennant

mstennant Law Topic Starter New Member

What does this mean? I have never been in trouble in my whole life! I'm scare to death. My sister said that a city police officer came looking for me today. I googled my name and found my name in the WANTED list! I almost threw up! It says there is a warrant for my arrest for obtaining property by false pretense. I dont understand. My fiance and I have a junk car hauling business and from time to time we resell them or just take them to the junk yard. I have stamped my notary stamp on a few of them. I dont think that we have done anything illegal. What can this mean? I'm so scared.

2. CdwJava

CdwJava Moderator

It is time to hire an attorney. You may want to consider NOT talking to the police or anyone else until after you have spoken to an attorney.

- Carl