Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse nursing license

Status
Not open for further replies.

megacow

I currently have a Massachusetts nursing license, an was arrested
for OUI, if convicted of this charge will the state board of nursing
suspend my nursing license, this did not occur during working hours

I currently have a Massachusetts nursing license, an was arrested for OUI, if convicted of this charge will the state board of nursing suspend my nursing license, this did not occur during working hours

That depends on what your defense will be when you appear in front of the board to explain why the OUI.

. . . don't expect suspension, but do expect them to monitor you. This means drug and alcohol testing, including in some areas the egregious ETG test.

But, talk with your liason and simply ask them what their procedures are if someone is arrested/convicted of OUIL.

It is highly unlikely you'll be suspended. I know of cases where nurses/emt stole drugs from around them, and even diluted some given to patients(but not convicted of such). As you know, there is a huge shortage of nursing care professionals.

Good Luck to You, and don't worry. This one mis-step won't ruin your life and you desire to help people.

I strongly disagree with Raskalnikov since Massachusets laws are one of the most strict when it comes to OUI offenses. Hire an attorney who will provide you with a solid defense to prevent you from losing your license. Hope this helps!

Sorry,

I wasn't talking about needing to get an attorney for an OUIL offense, I was talking about legal recourses involving your nursing license, and what may happen with your nursing license.

As far as the OUIL and the courts are concerned, yes, it is serious and an attorney would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back