Not sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heypaizan

Hello. I am hoping this is the right section to put this in. I have been married almost 4 years and we have a 4 yr old son together. It's not working out. I have tried and tried but nothing changes. I bought a house totally in my name 3 months before we married and it's only in my name. I want to leave but don't want to leave at the expense of losing the house to her. She had threatened if I ask her to leave she will take our son and move out of state. She stays home and watches our son and babysits. I work about 55+ hrs a week. Both cars are in my name only. How do I need to proceed?

File for Divorce get an Attorney and get a ruling right away blocking her moving children outside of a certain distance without other parents consent (you)

As was discussed elsewhere, the presumption in NC is in favor of relocation.

read here

Any such temporary order will be just that - temporary. Also, Mom is not unfit, and though there is speculation about online adultery it won't affect custody. She is also the primary caregiver, and the burden of proof would be on Dad to convince the court that relocating the child wouldn't be in the child's best interest.

Given the circumstances - Dad works long hours, and Mom is a SAHM who is not unfit - the chances of Mom being allowed to relocate are better than most.

Proser don't want you to think that I didn't like your answers. Was just trying to get answers for the second part of my question for the house and all.

Aw I didn't think that for a sec, Hey :)

I just wanted folk to have a fuller picture so they can respond appropriately. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back