not receiving one cent from my invention

C

chining

Jurisdiction
New Hampshire
I was a graduate student from 2006 to 2008, and I hold a student visa back then. I made a progress on the project. At 2008, My professor lured me into signing a contract which gave me 1% of his found company. I was young and naive and came from a totally different background to USA. This is a very unfair contract but I signed it right away without even read it. Several years later, the company sent me an email stating that the value of my share dropped to 1 US cent.
I was contacted by the company last week, the professor want to offer me a one-time payment to exchange me to do something (I donot know what he wants, because he refused to put in the email.).
As far as I know, there are three US patents approved with my name on it, and also the professor's. At 2008, He also signed a contract for provisional patent, and I have 50% share in it, which can prove my contribution to the invention. Later on, he must regret this and never mentioned it. There are also newspaper report about the invention with my name on it. Also, I won a business competition at 2008 with this invention, and I met a business man there and later introduced to the professor. They together cut me out.
At 2009, I quit my chemist job and return to University of New Hampshire and to make more progress to the project. by that time, the professor already have the company established, but he also kept his position in the university. He kept me from his company the whole time, and at 2010, he stopped my student scholarship because he want to fully focus on the company, so I could not continue the research and couldnot finish the Phd degree, and couldnot hold the student visa anymore, So I left the country.
Overall, to this date, I have never received one cent from the invention. I would like to know if its possible to I stand a chance to get what I deserve.

You might receive something, but not unless you hire a lawyer in the USA and return to the USA to prosecute the lawsuit.

In the future, don't sign documents you don't fully understand.

Back