Not receiving my paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1layerx

I work at DUnkin Donuts and this week my owner is refusing to give me my pay check what can i do about it? i live in Nj i been working here for 3 years

Your employer cannot withhold a paycheck from you. You can file a claim with your state's DOL.

If you would elaborate on why you believe your check is being withheld, perhaps a better solution would be available. It is highly unusual for the employer after three years to all of a sudden withhold your paycheck.

Was this by chance a final paycheck after termination?

he claims that few people been stealing and he wants a paper saying "i work honestly here" and then signed by all employee but i gave him verbal statment saying i dont

Your paycheck cannot be held "hostage" for refusal to sign such a statement.

Here's what I'd do, in writing, delivered in person or mailed, Certified, return receipt requested IF you don't work there any more:

Dear Mr/s Owner:

New Jersey law prohibits withholding of pay for time worked and does not provide for such withholding of pay pending the statement you have requested. If I do not have my paycheck with X days, I will have no choice but to file a claim for unpaid wages with the New Jersey Dept. of Labor.

I'd give him two days if you're willing to go in to pick it up, or 5 days if you request it be mailed.

Here's the claim form.
http://lwd.state.nj.us/labor/wagehour/complnt/complaint_forms.html

If you DO still work there, I'd forgo the letter and just file the claim; you are protected under whistleblower laws in this case.

yah i am still working here what he will probally do is cut our hours like from 40 to 15 hours and shit and then he curses at us and treats us like shit if we say anything he will just cut our hours and then he was like if u dnt sign the paper then he will fire us what else can i do any thank you for your time

and 1 more thing the TIPS we get since last month he had us put in the register and he was like he will give it and end of every week and he has about 1000 dollors in tips money he has not giving that either

You might start looking for a new job, while you're doing all those other exciting things.

Dunkin Donuts, the state, or the economy is gonna put this clown outta business soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back