Not being paid what acceptance letter stated

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins

Hello all,
I have a question about wages. I live in massachusetts and was hired in 9/06 by this company. During my interview I met with the president/owner and was offered a position with a monetary value offered. I agreed to the offer and the president then sent an email offer letter to me. In this letter the origianl offer was adjusted. Instead of starting me out at the agreed upon compensation he changed to to a lower rate for the first three months and after that I would be paid the original compensation agreed to by all parties. Well, as of today 4/10/08 I am still not making the agreed upon compensation. In fact, I am making a few pennies less than the lower amount he put in the offer sheet. I have spoken with the owner twice and the operations manager twice, I have also put this in email to the operations manager.
Today I was given a written warning for being late. My question is do I have a legal right to go after this company for the lost wages that I have not been paid and agreed to by both parties. Also, in one of the conversations I had with the president I said I would take an extra weeks vacation in lieu of some of the unpaid wages. As of today this extra vacation is not accounted for in my vacation balance.
Do I have a legal right to go after them via the state labor board and/or in court via a lawsuit. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am contemplating contacting the state, but really unsure which dept to actually speak with.

Thank you,

I can only suggest that you show any documentation you may have to an attorney here in MA and see whether or not it represents a binding and enforceable contract.

Ok, thats what I was thinking. Do you think it would be worthwhile to contact one of the state boards also? Im not sure but I think to start the process some type of complaint or report needs to be filed. I could be wrong though.

I do know that if it I decide to take it to court, in mass you can go for triple damages plus court and attorney fees.

Thanks for the advice,

I think you need to find out from an attorney if you have any case at all before you go to the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back