Not able to register my new vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoMama

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Hi, I'm asking for my sister. My sister and Fiance just bought a vehicle off a lot. They bought it with financing set up through the dealership. My sister has a licence, her Fiance does not. They told the dealership this when setting up the financing, they assured them that wouldn't be a problem and the title was put in both of their names. Now, when going to register the vehicle, they were told they are not allowed to do so, because of the Fiance's name being on the title and not having a licence, and that Ohio is one of the few states that must have every person on a title have a license. They're at a loss of what to do, getting a license is not something her fiance can do right now. They're worried about what may happen to their credit. It is the only vehicle they have at the moment and the Fiance is the one with the income. What are their options? Thank you for any help!

Hi, I'm asking for my sister. My sister and Fiance just bought a vehicle off a lot. They bought it with financing set up through the dealership. My sister has a licence, her Fiance does not. They told the dealership this when setting up the financing, they assured them that wouldn't be a problem and the title was put in both of their names. Now, when going to register the vehicle, they were told they are not allowed to do so, because of the Fiance's name being on the title and not having a licence, and that Ohio is one of the few states that must have every person on a title have a license. They're at a loss of what to do, getting a license is not something her fiance can do right now. They're worried about what may happen to their credit. It is the only vehicle they have at the moment and the Fiance is the one with the income. What are their options? Thank you for any help!

Fiance should get a license.

As I said above, he is unable to get a license right now. Due to an incident years ago, he needs to pay $4,000 first to do so, as a lump sum.
He's got a problem then...

As I said above, he is unable to get a license right now. Due to an incident years ago, he needs to pay $4,000 first to do so, as a lump sum.

Get the title in your name and dump the fiance. ;)

You don't want to be stuck with someone that has that kind of problem hanging over his head.

Get the title in your name and dump the fiance. ;)

You don't want to be stuck with someone that has that kind of problem hanging over his head.
That won't be a problem...this isn't the OP's matter in the first place ;)

Your sister could get the vehicle titled in her name ONLY, if her male friend agrees.

The issue for her will be that DUDE is going to drive that vehicle without a license.

That's what MOST people that have that problem do.

That keeps them in their penalty box longer and longer.

Your sister might also think long and hard what living with DUDE as wife and husband will cost.

It might be better if your sister and DUDE each went their own way.

That could be a problem, unless the dealership lets her off the hook for purchase.

There are almost 8,000,000,000 human beings on this planet.

No one need ever say hello to, mate with, or take in matrimony a deadbeat.

As long as the Sword of Damocles hangs over her head ( https://www.history.com/news/what-was-the-sword-of-damocles ), the deadbeat will continue to bring trouble into her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back