non payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkesselr

My wife recently worked for Best Western. She was told that she was trainging for a job in housekeeping. All they really needed was someone to do the initial preopening cleaning and setup, so they promply laid her off when the initial work was done after she had quite her other job to go to work for them. My main issue is that they will not pay her for her last two days of work. Where can I go to complain and possibly get some action? They were not withholding taxes which I think they were not doing illegally. She was not a subcontractor. She was definitely an employee. Thanks for any help.

Seems to me I already answered this question somewhere else.

She can file a complaint with the state DOL and they will help her get any unpaid wages she may be due.

BTW, YOU cannot go anywhere and do anything. SHE is the one who was not paid; SHE is the one who needs to file the complaint. You have no standing to do anything at all.

How to I get unpaid commissions?

I took a job that paid huge commissions. I was paid a draw equal to AZ minimum wage of $5.15 per hour plus time and a half over 40. 48 hours per week were mandatory. Federal, state, fica and medicare were deducted. After 90 days I signed up for insurance benefits. on the Friday before benefits took affect, I was terminated for not making minimum sales expectations. My commissions add up to $8,445. Some of it was payable two months ago according to the contract I signed but they kept making excuses. I have been living on this measly paycheck barely making rent.......we won't go there. I am furious. I contacted a fellow worker who was terminated some days earlier and asked him if he got all his commissions. He told me a story that it seems no one gets paid unless they take it to the courthouse steps. He says he is owed $30,000.

Arizona law says it does not enforce commission compensation. What can I do to collect this money? Can there be some kind of class action suit to put them out of business?

What can I do to collect this money? You will need to file a civil suit against the employer. I suggest you discuss your situation with an attorney asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back