Non-payment of salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

ships

The CEO and President of xyz solicited me in January of 2004 to become the VP of International sales, I countered by recommending a trial period of three months. An agreement was drawn up, signed (below) and everything was positive until the first week of March when the CEO requested that I put together a list and forward the material to him. I agreed but, I had a major trade show the following week and I wanted to clean up my files before sending them out. The CEO and I spent a week in Las Vegas working a trade show and the last night before teardown he informed me that he might not pay me for my services in March. To me this case is rather cut and dry. I have a valid claim for breach of contract. I was controlled and directed by the CEO. Almost all of the work I performed (80%) was from my home office. The company owes me $9,600 for the month of March.

The Agreement:
This is to clarify the terms of your engagement with xyz, Inc.
I propose that for a period of three months, beginning January 7, 2004, you be hired as a full time consultant to xyz according to the following terms:
You will be paid at a rate of $9,600 per month.
Your base area is Europe (with the exception of the UK), Central Asia (with the exception of India) including Africa, the Middle East, Central and South America.

I forgot to add

PS: I've petitioned the CA Dept of Labor and was denied because there's a contract involved. I'm still out the $9,600 any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of a good attorney in CA who would take this on a contingency basis?

Same answer as above, Ships. Attorney referrals are not made on public bulletin boards and doing so typically violates the rules of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back