Noise Ordinances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't say what city, but Loveland is the first web search result, so I'll go with that.

7.32.070 Temporary permits
Temporary permits to exceed sound limitations of this chapter may be issued by the city manager. All temporary permits shall contain the following provisions: the duration of the permit, the sound source temporarily permitted, the hours of the day and days of the week such permit is effective, and any other limitations that may be imposed by the city manager. (Ord. 1988 § 1 (part), 1981)

So, does the temporary permit address the required elements?

Let us know how it goes once it's all said and done. I hope you get your money's worth.

I appreciate your reasoned and non snarky response. Yes Loveland Colorado is correct. They have never once provided the provisions of the temporary permits for the last several years.

I may not win or get this resolved but these are expensive houses on the course, it's a nuisance, devalues the properties and this needs to change.

Last edited:
Except that I wasn't talking about OG Kush. I was talking about something entirely different. The other responders here know what I meant. You don't have to.

And this is a splendid example of a pious, arrogant condescending attorney.

Last edited:
7.32.010 - Prohibitions.
A.It is unlawful to make or cause to be made, or create or cause to be created, any noise, the sound levels of which, when measured at a distance of 25 feet or more from any property line, are in excess of the limits set out in Section 7.32.040.B.It is unlawful to make or cause to be made, or create or cause to be created, any periodic, impulsive or shrill noises which, when measured as in Subsection A above, are in excess of a sound level of 5 db(A) less than the limits set out in Section 7.32.040.C.It is unlawful to make, continue or cause to be made or continued any unreasonable noise; and no person shall knowingly permit such noise upon any premises or in or upon any vehicle owned or possessed by such person or under such person's control or operation.

For purposes of this Section 7.32.010.C, peace officers are empowered to make a prima facie determination as to whether a noise is unreasonable.
With regard to the operation of motor vehicles, and without limiting the generality of the Section, unreasonable noise shall include, but not be limited to:

1.The continuous or repeated sounding of any horn or signal device of a motor vehicle, except as a danger signal. For the purposes of this Subsection, continuous shall mean continuing for an unnecessary or unreasonable period of time.2.The operation of any motor vehicle in a manner which causes excessive noise as a result of unnecessary rapid acceleration, deceleration, revving the engine or tire squeal.

7.32.050 - Sound measurement.
A noise shall be measured on the "A" scale of a standard sound level meter having characteristics defined by the American National Standards Institute "ANSI", Publication S1.4-1983, or successor publications of ANSI , or its successor bodies. Measurements with sound level meters shall be made when the wind velocity at the time and place of such measurement is not more than five miles per hour. In all sound level measurements, consideration shall be given to the effect of the ambient noise level created by the encompassing noise of the environment from all sources at the time and place of such sound level measurement.

7.32.060 - Exceptions.
A.In the hours between 7:00 a.m. and the next 9:00 p.m. the noise levels permitted in Section 7.32.040 may be increased by ten db(A) for a period of not exceeding 15 minutes in any one hour.B.All sound emanating from any aircraft, church, warning or emergency signal device used or authorized by any government agency, or program incident to the recognition or celebration of Veteran's Day, shall not be subject to the provisions of this chapter.C.The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to any authorized emergency vehicle (as defined by the Model Traffic Code, as amended and adopted by the city and the Colorado Revised Statutes) when responding to an emergency call.D.The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to those activities of temporary duration permitted by law for which a license or permit has been granted by the city, including but not limited to parades and firework displays.E.All railroad rights-of-way are considered as industrial zones for the purposes of this chapter and the operation of trains are subject to the maximum permissible noise levels specified for the industrial zone as indicated in Section 7.32.040.F.Construction projects shall be subject to the maximum noise level specified for industrial zones as indicated in Section 7.32.040 for the period of the construction project, provided that the proper construction permit has been issued by the city.

7.32.070 - Temporary permits.
Temporary permits to exceed sound limitations of this chapter may be issued by the city manager. All temporary permits shall contain the following provisions: the duration of the permit, the sound source temporarily permitted, the hours of the day and days of the week such permit is effective, and any other limitations that may be imposed by the city manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back