no will , sibling in new jersey dragging feet, no executor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swmpthng

my wifes' aunt died and it is rumored that she walked around with a bag with $40,000 in it and had a couple of cd's worth at least $60.000 and had cash in the bank she had no children but has 3 siblings, a sister in nj , and two brothers here in fla. one of which is my wifes' father. the sister said the bag of money could not be found, so we know who has that and with no paper trail. but the cd's can be traced as well as any bvank accounts, and the house, etc...
the sister is dragging her butt and at first said the attny would send a letter and then said there wasn't an attny. and there is nothing, no bank account or cd's nothing except a house, ehhhhh, liar, liar pants on fire,she had to pay bills somehow. my father in-law needs eye surgery and can't get there until april, they need an attny. can they file in probate court in new jersey an designate himself the executor of the estate? how ? can someone give me a web address for an attny referral service in jersey?:confused:

Probate in NJ

The first thing you need to do is to call the probate court in the county and see if there is a file. Have the obituary in hand when you call and SS# if you have it. They will mail you a copy for a small fee.

It is not proper to give specific references on a public forum. Send me an email and I can forward some resources.
info@speedingticketcentral.com

You need an attorney like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back