no will question

Status
Not open for further replies.

angels42

My jurisdiction is: NEW YORK

My uncle passed away a few weeks ago and did not have a will. He was not married or had any children. He did however have substancial financial gains. The remaining family consists of 2 living brothers and 2 sisters, however the other 2 siblings have passed away but they do have living children.
They have decided to split everything 4 ways-
My question is can the children of the deceased brother and sister petiton the court to claim and act on ther behalf of what would have been their portion of the inheritence ?
To me it would only seem fair that all brothers sisters be included and just because they are no longer here they still do have children who willl remember them. Any help and advise is greatly appreciated-
Thank you

Last edited:
It gets split up according to New York's intestacy laws. Under those laws, the children of your uncle's deceased siblings should be entitled to a portion of the estate. The children should hire an estates lawyer.

I just was able to close out my Dad's account. I was told that a new law states that if you have the death Cert. and you can show a paid funeral, andy one can close out a account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back