No Show Dad

trailergirl

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My son's father has been jacking me around for years with custody pick-ups and drop-offs. Our court order says he may have our son every other weekend with a pick-up time at 4:00 p.m. in addition to every Tues. through Wed. He has not shown up at all for Tue/Wed for quite sometime as it is difficult for him to take him to school the following morning with a work schedule as he lives 30 minutes from the school. I'm flexible with that schedule. However, every other weekend sometimes he just doesn't show up at all, is typically hours late when he does show up and has recently told me that he will no longer come to my home to pick up my son as he is "afraid" to be on the property. For the past couple of months I have voluntarily driven him to a local store and waited in the parking lot for him to pick him up for my son. I'm feeling harassed bullied and frustrated with his antics. I am never able to plan anything solid on any weekend for over 11 years. When he was younger (he is now 11) I had to pay late charges on Friday at his local day care center because his dad was always late. Is there anything I can do in this scenario to make him accountable for his custody time?

No. If Dad doesn't choose to spend as much time as he is allowed with his child, trying to "force" that to happen will be detrimental to your child. Have a backup plan in case Dad doesn't show and enjoy the extra time that you get with your child. You cannot force people to do the right thing.

No. If Dad doesn't choose to spend as much time as he is allowed with his child, trying to "force" that to happen will be detrimental to your child. Have a backup plan in case Dad doesn't show and enjoy the extra time that you get with your child. You cannot force people to do the right thing.
Thank you.

Back