No reponse from Petitioner - now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

32coupe

Hello, my other party was served on Jan 23, 08 and I have not gotten a response yet. I am doing my own filings because there are no assets, just child custody. But now what form do I need to file with the courts. I live in CA, filed with Alameda County Courthouse. Help please thank you - I want this over with ASAP!!

Someone filed a lawsuit against you and you want to know what to do next?

No sorry - this is for dissolution of marriage. I am the Petitioner; my respondent has not bothered to acknowledge the paperwork. So I need to know what forms I need to go back with to thr courthouse. The agents/workers there will not give legal advise.

Okay, YOU filed the lawsuit.

If the time is up, then ask for a default judgment. Prepare the judgment, set a date with the clerk, and go to court.

The Courts are telling me to fill out forms - but they will not tell which ones, do you know/can you help? Is it FL800, FL 820? Both forms ask for both parties signatures to file; but how do I proceed w/o his sig? Thank you.

The Courts are telling me to fill out forms - but they will not tell which ones, do you know/can you help? Is it FL800, FL 820? Both forms ask for both parties signatures to file; but how do I proceed w/o his sig? Thank you.

The FL820 is the request for judgment; use it.

The FL800 is the one you used to start the lawsuit, right?

No, FL100 is the Petition; along with the FL105 I think -- the reponse.
Form FL800 is a "Joint" Petition for dissolution - which we did not file, as it wasn't a Joint effort.
I will fill out FL820 and see what happens -- THANK YOU for your words of wisdom!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back