No Notice Given

Status
Not open for further replies.

444stam

I have paid my child support for four years as required. My ex-wife decided that she would just up and move 500 miles away to Savannah GA. Without informing me that she was doing so. Said she got a big promotion and needed to advance her career. We were divorced in Alabama, I stayed in Birmingham and she moved to Dothan, and now has just up and moved to GA. What are my legal options (support stoppage, reduction etc...)

So she can just hop from state to state when she wants further straining my ability to get to see my daughter?

I don't believe I said that.

If you wish to object to the move, you have the right to challenge the move.

This does not, in any way shape or form, mean that your obligation to support the child ends.

Agree, you can try & challenge the move but you still have an obligation to support your child. Why would you think that would change?

If your custody/visitation agreement stipulates that parents must inform each other and obtain consent from either the other parent or the court before removing the child from the county/state (and they often do), then you can challenge the move through the court and potentially have the child returned. If the child is returned to you then you could ask the court to change the support order, but otherwise the support order remains in effect. Her potential violation of a custody/visitation order does not automatically change your support order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back