------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agreed my ex could move anywhere in the US if my visitation schedule

was kept. She has admitted in an email that she knew when she signed the

paperwork that she would be moving farther away and that she would not be

adhering to our agreement of one weekend a month but that no judge in his

right mind will make her stick to that. Now, I have 5 contempt charges filed

and have not seen my children in 6 months. She says that it is financially

impossible and that the children's school schedule wont allow for it. What can

I expect from the court hearing and is there anything I else I can do?

I guess I should clarify what I meant by "what can I expect from the hearing". I meant what types of outcomes are typical and possible from visitation contempt hearings not that I was expecting an actual judgement for my own situation :)

Your asking us to predict the outcome with nothing but information you provide. We cant do that. Expect you will be granted vistation. Thats best we can do

Been there buddy

Hello, I'm new here and definitely not a lawyer. I'm seeking some advice myself but I saw your question and understand what you are asking, I believe.
What I have experienced and my lawyer has said it is pretty much the norm is make up time is given. She has told me that judges can give jail time, fines or even grant a change in custody but it doesn't usually happen unless a pattern has been established of consistently being in contempt. Good luck with your hearing.

Yes thank you. That was what I was wondering, what a person can typically expect and then what were the extremes that could possibly happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She has admitted in an email that she knew when she signed the

paperwork that she would be moving farther away and that she would not be

adhering to our agreement of one weekend a month

You asked if there was anything else you can do. I would ask my lawyer if that is perjury, If she signed a court document knowing she was not intending to follow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back