1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

No informed consent

Discussion in 'Professional, Medical Malpractice' started by Amber Wickham, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Amber Wickham

Amber Wickham Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Colorado
    If I have a treatment of full mouth extraction and dentures in 2015, & am not given any type of informed consent. & Not knowing there is such a thing. Also Had my dentures made completely wrong and dentist wouldn't acknowledge it, but figured the slight appearance changes were from that but Then I start noticing a huge change in my appearance in 2018, & so I go to a dentist to get planned implants. and to see why my appearance has changed and find out its severe bone atrophy in October 2018. Is it to late to file a case for lack of informed consent?

2. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

What do you mean when you say that you were "not given any type of informed consent"? Hard to believe any dentist would do a procedure like this without having a signed consent on file. What did you think was happening when this procedure was done?

Probably. The Colorado statute of limitations (actually a statute of repose) for medical malpractice is 3 years.