Parole, Probation no contact with police while on probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardaddy

greetings friends I have an interesting situation. I am a year away from completing a 5 year probation sentence for terroristic threats with no issues, and fines paid. I have just sewed my ex wife for child support. I am very worried that she may falsely accuse me of threats to my PO or police out of spite. We live in seperate countys and I have had no contact with her via phone or in person. If police are involved due to her falsely claiming she was threatened would that violate the NO POLICE CONTACT in my probation order. Can she even get police involved if she has no proof of me calling or talking in person with her.
thanks everyone

Yes, she can report a crime to the police. Yes, the police may well investigate. While I doubt that such an investigation absent any proof of a violation, only your PO can say whether such contact with the police would violate you. My guess would be, no.

greetings friends I have an interesting situation. I am a year away from completing a 5 year probation sentence for terroristic threats with no issues, and fines paid. I have just sewed my ex wife for child support. I am very worried that she may falsely accuse me of threats to my PO or police out of spite. We live in seperate countys and I have had no contact with her via phone or in person. If police are involved due to her falsely claiming she was threatened would that violate the NO POLICE CONTACT in my probation order. Can she even get police involved if she has no proof of me calling or talking in person with her.
thanks everyone

If you did that anything close to what you wrote, look to the sky. You see those dark clouds, troubles brewing.

If you didn't do a darn thing, why ask such a question?

Yeah, that's what the DA might think, too.
I've been a prosecutor, hated it. Made me too darn suspicious, always had to accuse someone, make them appear guilty, hard to do, too. Except, most of them blabbed. The detectives and investigators always got them to blab.
Well, except an old con. Old cons do dumb stuff, but they're not dumb enough to blab. They'd just smile, say those magic words, I INVOKE, couldn't ever break a cagey, old con.

Most people, love to talk. People think, I can explain it all away. Look at OJ, Beretta, that crazy music producer, always blabbing gibberish.
Beretta got off, but cost him time and money. Same with OJ, except he never learned.
Had they simply stood there, smiling, never saying a word, things would have been different, they couldn't I guess.
This one time, dude bought one of those cheap, throw away cell phones.
That darn phone kept calling his former wife, sometimes 300, 400 times in a day.
Someone kept leaving filthy, threatening messages. In Texas, we call that TERRORISTIC THREATS. Can you believe he says he'd kill her, cut her up, feed her to his hogs? Scared the bejesus outta that woman.
I'm sorry, you said you didn't do anything. I'm an old man, kinda slow these days.
You see, as a prosecutor, I was forced to believe everyone lied. It was tough always being forced to catch people in lies. I wish people would just clam up, the way real clams do.

Anyway, I'm prattling on like a six year old sorry. You said you didn't do anything. Guess its your word against her word, if she lies about you, again.
Congratulations in doing so well on your probation, next year you'll be all done. Good for you, god for you.

Last edited:
thanks for the responses I feel a little better. I honestly don't have contact with her because I know she calls the law at a drop of a hat. but saying that and being overly paranoid i'm convinced she may drudge up a few fake witnesses to say I threatened and or attacked her. kind of crazy seeing i'm 2 county's away...thanks ya'll again
just scared of being burnt

thanks for the responses I feel a little better. I honestly don't have contact with her because I know she calls the law at a drop of a hat. but saying that and being overly paranoid i'm convinced she may drudge up a few fake witnesses to say I threatened and or attacked her. kind of crazy seeing i'm 2 county's away...thanks ya'll again
just scared of being burnt

Just remember, if you're asked to explain, simply say, "I know nothing about any of this. I wish to invoke, I am exercising my right to remain silent, and I want a lawyer." Then be polite, but stand firm. Its okay (an required) to give name, address, date of birth, age, and harmless WHO YOU ARE DETAILS. Its best to not get into conversations that will always return to discuss things they want to know.

Of course NOT talking to your PO can get you violated since standard conditions require cooperation with law enforcement. But, that's incident specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back