No agreement but under lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasht Anzali

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Hi,
I was working in a company that it was not properly licensed to work in special scope of construction business. Then I started my business with proper license which DPOR proved I can work in this business while the former company is not allowed. Now, the former employer put a lawsuit on me accusing for similar work, stealing his costumers and breaching contract.

1- I don't recall having any contract and they say they don't have my contract with them, but they say there was a contract.

2- My business license is absolutely different with their license.

3- His lawyer asked for all my personal information and personal laptop and hard drive, phone conversation and text messages.

4- Since our scope of work is different, why I have to provide this kind of information?

5- Is there any way to file a lawsuit against him? Because this case took all my time and energy for working, caused emotional damages and I feel depressed.

I really appreciate if you advise me. Thanks.

They can ask. Whether you are obliged to comply with the requests depends on the court.
If you think the lawsuit against you is frivolous then you could countersue for legal costs. I'm not sure you have anything to claim beyond that.
This does seem like something you should have legal counsel for. Have you contacted any attorneys to discuss representation?

3- His lawyer asked for all my personal information and personal laptop and hard drive, phone conversation and text messages.

4- Since our scope of work is different, why I have to provide this kind of information?

5- Is there any way to file a lawsuit against him? Because this case took all my time and energy for working, caused emotional damages and I feel depressed.

The internet will be of no legitimate use to you.

I suggest you wait until Friday, maybe Monday with the holiday looming, and discuss all of your concerns with YOUR lawyer.

The other party has a lawyer.

You need one, too, which is why the internet is of little real value to you.

Talk to a real, licensed lawyer or three, then decide how best to proceed.

I don't recall having any contract and they say they don't have my contract with them, but they say there was a contract.

If you've been sued, you can request that the plaintiff produce a copy of the contract. If the plaintiff is unable to produce the contract, you probably can successfully move for summary judgment.

His lawyer asked for all my personal information and personal laptop and hard drive, phone conversation and text messages.

I haven't the slightest idea. I haven't read the complaint or any other pleadings, and your description of what's happening is, at best, vague.

Is there any way to file a lawsuit against him? Because this case took all my time and energy for working, caused emotional damages and I feel depressed.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. If there's a contract that provides for recovery of attorneys' fees, then you can file a motion for same once the case has been resolved in your favor. Damages for stress caused by litigation is never recoverable unless you can prove malicious prosecution, which is very difficult.

Why aren't you asking these questions to your attorney?

They can ask. Whether you are obliged to comply with the requests depends on the court.
If you think the lawsuit against you is frivolous then you could countersue for legal costs. I'm not sure you have anything to claim beyond that.
This does seem like something you should have legal counsel for. Have you contacted any attorneys to discuss representation?
I tried to get in touch with my lawyer, but he told me prepare the answers and information for everything and then we have to sit and talk. But some of this information are really personal. Like my email password? All my life is there.

The internet will be of no legitimate use to you.

I suggest you wait until Friday, maybe Monday with the holiday looming, and discuss all of your concerns with YOUR lawyer.

The other party has a lawyer.

You need one, too, which is why the internet is of little real value to you.

Talk to a real, licensed lawyer or three, then decide how best to proceed.

I am looking fir some advise to talk to my lawyer better. I tried to get in touch with my lawyer, but he told me prepare the answers and information for everything and then we have to sit and talk. But some of this information are really personal. Like my email password? All my life is there.

I tried to get in touch with my lawyer, but he told me prepare the answers and information for everything and then we have to sit and talk. But some of this information are really personal. Like my email password? All my life is there.

No one is going to require you to produce your e-mail password. You need to insist that your lawyer sit down with you (whether in person or by phone) and go through the discovery requests so that your concerns are addressed.

I am looking fir some advise to talk to my lawyer better. I tried to get in touch with my lawyer, but he told me prepare the answers and information for everything and then we have to sit and talk. But some of this information are really personal. Like my email password? All my life is there.

Prepare as much as you can or wish to prepare.

Talk to the lawyer, and go from there.

The internet is of no use to you in answering questions that ONLY you are able to provide.

Once you've done that, wait until you meet with your lawyer.

With Thanksgiving only a few hours away, and the long holiday weekend, nothing will happen until next week at the earliest.

Christmas and New Years are 30 some days away, too.

Contact your lawyer and arrange an appointment within the next week to ten days, IF your lawyer agrees to see you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back