new to divorce, need initial info please! - OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbagain

my wife is cheating on me. i have caught her in lies and have text messages to prove the cheating. she has also confessed to me.

no kids just house + $.

we are trying to work it out but if that dont work i am wondering what my next step would be to initiate a divorce?

is there anything a lawyer can do like a "post" nuptial agreement?
could we write a legal document of some sort while we are married?
basically saying if one of us is unfaithful from this point on we are held responsible legally?

really need some help on this one. the girl is my everything. i have forgiven but i need something more than trust to work with now to save my sanity.

thank you....

just found this....i figure a "post" nup won't work?

Ohio bans all postnuptial contracting under Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 3103.06 [41] which reads "A husband and wife cannot, by any contract with each other, alter their legal relations, except that they may agree to an immediate separation and make provisions for the support of either of them and their children during the separation." Additionally, Ohio courts have traditionally refused to enforce postnutpial agreements executed in other states if the couple in question is domiciled in Ohio.[42]

do i have any options? if shes the one that cheated can i fight for the house? it is in both our names though.

what are my options? divorce, pre-nup, re-marry? i dont know

If it comes down to divorce then you simply hire an attorney and fight for what you can get. She will not be left with nothing though. The divorce do a prenup and then remarry wont work unless she gives everything up in divorce. Good luck.

i am trying to figure out something that would give me (us both) peace of mind in case one of us slips up again.

was thinking divorce, pre-nup, re-marry if possible.

question is...is there some sort of documentation that can be done that says if someone commits adultery that the other one is entitled to the house. can a lawyer just write up something generic like that or is there more to it.

we want to work it out, we are going to go to consuling, BUT for a peace a mind i dont want to be shafted AGAIN. she doesn't want to leave our house and thats keeping her holding on for the wrong reasons right now.

???????

forget about iied, doesnt seem possible.

can a custom pre-nup be written if we re-marry?
something that would say in case of adultery or "change of heart" this person is entitled to house. we both agree on this just dont know if it can be done.

There is little you can do, legally, to insulate yourself from the pain an adulterer can cause.

That said, your only option would be to sue for divorce based on the grounds of adultery.

If you've caught a person cheating, it would be rare for them not to cheat again.

Some cheaters reform and keep their marital vows, most don't. Cheaters are also, for the most part, liars. They'll promise the world, but rarely do as they agree to do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back