New survey not like original recorded plat

mtsflorida

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I just bought a house over looking a green. I wanted to put in a nice fence for my dogs but my neighbor said wait for a survey I want to do. The plat shows a line from a manhole cover in the center of the cul de sac to another sewer marker on the fairway. There is a drain where it looks to represent the boundary. The new survey does not use either landmark but goes by the distance from my neighbors other boundary and direction taking 20' off my back wall to the street including trees and part of the driveway with mailbox.

Last edited:
I just bought a house over looking a green. I wanted to put in a nice fence for my dogs but my neighbor said wait for a survey I want to do. The plat shows a line from a manhole cover in the center of the cul de sac to another sewer marker on the fairway. There is a drain where it looks to represent the boundary. The new survey does not use either landmark but goes by the distance from my neighbors other boundary and direction taking 20' off my back wall to the street including trees and part of the driveway with mailbox.

I suggest you spend your money and do your own survey.
You never know, the other party could be bamboozling you.

Thanks. I've got the surveyors and water company coming out to verify the locations that match up on the original plat survey.

Once you have your results, you might need to speak to a lawyer.
I suspect your neighbor might be trying to bully or "con" you.

Back