Parole, Probation New probation officer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENTICNG

I would like to find out some info on the rights we have when on probation. Convicted of felony harrassment. Probation officer has me reporting every monday of every month. Have complied with all court conditions. Tried to talk to her, tell her I will lose my job if I have to tell my employer I have to get off early every Monday to report. I have a clean record other then this and was assesed with no drug/alcohol problem. What can I do?:confused:

Have you tried changing your schedule or off days? Most probation officers like to feel in control…….They feel your way of doing things got you into trouble and they want to make you know you are under the control of the law…….which they feel they represent. You have to work with her and be as nice as possible. She is new and might just be wanting to know more about your character……..how you would react or respect her.If you feel your job is not willing to work with you creating Monday free, then look for another one….But if you feel she is generally biased, unreasonable and persist in actions which could cost your job, talk to the facilities dispute counselor or adviser…………something like that who helps people on probation get on their feet. They could help intervene for you. Hopefully, someone here who has been through such a situation could add more............You don't want her to feel you are questioning her judgment.........Try talking to her nicely and express your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back