New job isn't what was promised

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptster

I recently started a new government job working for a township. I left what I thought was a dysfunctional environment where I was in charge of an office but had no power to discipline the employees, that was left to my boss who was rarely in the office and didn't like confrontation. My old job consisted me of running the office along with correcting the other workers permits who even though countless hours of training still did it wrong. I left for greener pastures, or so I thought.

I was hired to be the office manager but had to be trained how the office runs. The very first day there my boss kept asking me if I was coming back which I replied yes. Seemed like a funny question until the 2nd day when he left for vacation for a week. The other employees in the office, 4 total, are extremely rude and short with me. While my boss is out I was to learn how the office runs but it's obvious the other workers there have no intention of showing me anything. I also learned I'm the third manager in a short period of time because these "seasoned" workers attitudes.

I know being part of management means you have to deal with these issues but I was not told how bad this was. They need someone to come in to clean out the place, I am not that person. If I was told this was what they wanted then I never would of left one dysfunctional place for an even worse work environment.

Am I stuck? Emotionally I can't take walking into an environment where I'm treated like this. How the job that was described to me is not what I walked into. Do I have any recourse?

Yes, you have recourse, you can quit.
If you were asking about legal recourse, you have none.

You're an adult and took the job of your own volition.

Any due diligence was on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back