1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Never heard anything LIKE THIS

Discussion in 'Alternative Dispute Resolution' started by Tpate, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tpate

Tpate Law Topic Starter New Member

Its very simple to me, yet I have no understanding of the right they feel they have.

OK I left to go on vacation, and parked my car at my friends.

While out of town I discovered my car was stolen

I IMMEDIATELY called the police to report this

2 months later my car was found on a car lot for SALE

Detectives did investigation, And released my vehicle to me
    CAR LOT owner stated he bought my good running vehicle from someone for 200$ and then towed it to his lot.He then invested money into MY vehicle

Went to retrieve my car , and he said no your going to pay me money for????.....

Called prosecutors that originally released my property to me and they specifically me"We changed our minds, it's a civil matter".

I'm completely lost, I've never encountered a law in this manner.

PLEASE HELP I FEEL OVERTHROWN

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

I'm only guessing, as only the persecutors know their TRUE intentions, but the persecutors suspect foul play.
    Perhaps they think you were TRYING to run some kind of insurance scam, or commit fraud.
    I have no real clue, just a gut instinct.

I suggest you inquire further of the persecutors.

3. Proserpina

Proserpina Moderator

Who has the title? Was this a real dealer, or some guy who picks up wreckers and makes them into just-about-working state?

4. disagreeable

disagreeable Well-Known Member

Apparently the title was fraudulently obtained and transferred. I would press charges against whomever did it.

5. Proserpina

Proserpina Moderator

If that's the case the dealer has also been harmed through no fault of his own and can indeed demand reimbursement from the OP. OP's recourse after that is to find the bad man and sue him.

6. CdwJava

CdwJava Moderator

First things first ... How was it taken from the home of your friend? Did someone break in to the house and steal the keys? Did someone hot-wire it? Were the keys in the vehicle? When the car went missing, did your friend call the police? If not, why not? Was the title and registration IN the car? Did your friend's name appear anywhere on the title or registration?

Or, did your friend drive it around using it?