Neighbor trimed branches of my tree but threw the debris back to my yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

caresident

My neighbor clipped the branches of my tree over the common fence on his yard and threw the debris over to my yard.

Did you break any laws ? I know he has the right to do the trimming on his side but does the law allow him to dispose the clipping like that ?

Thank for anyone help.

This could be a very sensative issue. We had to trim our neighbor's trees back because they were causing damage to our property. Due to the limited access, we had to let the debris fall back in his yard. We offered to clean it up but he was rude and told us to stay off his property. Anything that is on our side of the fence is legal for us to cut. You may want to offer to trim it yourself if you feel it bothers the neighbor. Remember that harassment is a very serious issue today with neighbors. If this is not handled properly and it really didn't do anything but tick you off, just let it go. I urge you to read the forums here on harassment. It is an ugly ugly issue to deal with and starts with little things such as this. :rolleyes:

Yikes, I seem to be blessed with two good neighbors :)

I agree with tamhall, one should try to avoid fanning the fire. The neighbor was within his rights to cut the tree which was hanging over onto his property. Actually it would be the tree owner's responsibility to make sure that won't be necessary. So if he threw over the debris. I would just swallow it and take care of it.

Does he have a right to do so? That could be arguable. Since the tree owner was responsible for an unlawful trespass by letting the tree grow onto the neighbor's property, the neighbor could argue putting the debris back there is just returning the stuff to where it came from. The tree owner could insist on claiming trespass as well. The result would be another neighborhood war and useless lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back