Neighbor Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamawx12

My husband and I are in a situation we don't quite how to handle. For the past 3 years our next door neighbor has caused us nothing but trouble. Everytime we go into our yard, she takes pictures of everything my husband and I are doing, and threatens to turn him in to social security for mowing the lawn,etc. My husband has been on social security disability since 1994,but the picture taken and threats didn't start until 3 years ago. He has lived in this house for 26 years now and has always had problems with her over one thing or another. But the situation has really became unbearable the past year. Last October he was weed/eaten along our drive and she came onto our property and hit him in the back with a broom handle. He filed assault charges and has been in and out of court ever since it happened, due to her lawyer get it put off each court date, until the judge sent it to mediation, but she even told the mediator she wasn't going to work anything out with us or anyone else. She has called the police and made false statements to them about us,she has exsposed herself to my husband and when we file a complaint,nothing is never done. We have put up a privacy fence all around our home and are now feeling like we are prisoners in our own home. What can we do? Can anyone help us? PLEASE!!

mamawx12 said:
My husband and I are in a situation we don't quite how to handle. For the past 3 years our next door neighbor has caused us nothing but trouble. Everytime we go into our yard, she takes pictures of everything my husband and I are doing, and threatens to turn him in to social security for mowing the lawn,etc. My husband has been on social security disability since 1994,but the picture taken and threats didn't start until 3 years ago. He has lived in this house for 26 years now and has always had problems with her over one thing or another. But the situation has really became unbearable the past year. Last October he was weed/eaten along our drive and she came onto our property and hit him in the back with a broom handle. He filed assault charges and has been in and out of court ever since it happened, due to her lawyer get it put off each court date, until the judge sent it to mediation, but she even told the mediator she wasn't going to work anything out with us or anyone else. She has called the police and made false statements to them about us,she has exsposed herself to my husband and when we file a complaint,nothing is never done. We have put up a privacy fence all around our home and are now feeling like we are prisoners in our own home. What can we do? Can anyone help us? PLEASE!!

Your lawyer should know... since your husband was attacked, why not get a restraining order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back