1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Negligent Driving Accident

Discussion in 'Accidents, Injuries, Negligence' started by Bryanwil5on, Feb 8, 2019.

  1. Bryanwil5on

    Bryanwil5on Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Thanks for taking your time to read this but I have some questions hopefully someone an answer for me...

    Today I was heading home from school and going the speed limit (sadly no proof) but I took a corner and it was a pretty sharp corner.... I ended up fish tailing and scraping the other car's paint and probably put a few dents in their door. Nobody was injured but I definitely had the most appearance damage....

    The officer finally shows up and talks to us about the accident all the insurance stuff blah blah blah... but at the end I received two papers informed it was the details of the other person's car, I wasn't informed of any charges but that's not what I'm asking

    I was charge with 1
    Negligent driving vehicle in careless and imprudent manner endangering property and life (Maryland)
    I don't see where the imprudent comes into place, let me mention it was most likely because of my balded tires, the officer agreed so too... how can I fight this charge to reduce or irradicate

    2nd of all
    Failure to drive vehicle on right half of roadway when required
    Can I fight this at all? Yes it may be my fault I never checked my tires but can I defend myself at all I just really don't want to have to pay for a higher premium, new tires, my repair and 230$! Of fines

    Thank you for reading Bryan,17,Maryland
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    If you're a minor, many of the options available adults won't be available to you.

    In some states, a 17 year old driver will summarily lose his/her driving privilege for a mandatory period of time.

    You might wish to consult your parents or guardians before doing anything.

    Once a driver has received a traffic citation, he or she has very limited options, other than paying the tribute demanded.

    You can hire an attorney to help reduce the pain.

    You can plead not guilty and try to work out a deal with the prosecutor.

    In some cases, you can take an online traffic school class to remove one citation.

    You can then see if the judge will allow you receive a deferred adjudication to remove the second citation.

    Deferred adjudication gives a person 90-180 day probation.
    If he/she receives no traffic citations during this period, the judge dismisses the citation.

    Those are your options.

    Good luck.
  3. zddoodah

    zddoodah Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    One initial question for you: was the other car in motion or parked when you hit it?

    You drove in a way that resulted in damage to another car. Not really sure how you think you have any defense against this charge.

    You can fight anything. Nothing in your post provides any information one way or the other about this charge. All you told us is that you made a turn and, in the process of doing so, hit another car. You didn't tell us if it was a right or a left turn or provide any other detail that might allow for further comment.

Share This Page