Negligence in financial aid is having serious consequences

martinflores527

Hi, is there anyway I can sue my school? I'm assisting a community college district with about 9 colleges. I recently found out that I owe money which I don't have because I dropped a the only class I was talking in the school that processed my financial aid. I wasn't even had to drop another classby the end of the semester because I didn't get the rest of the financial aid I was supposed to get. I went to the financial aid school that processed my financial aid the first time they to me to go to the other school to tell them to process it and that was it no mention that I owed them anythin, it didn't even pass through my mind either because I was still enrolled full time within the district. When I went to one of the schools I had classes to see if they could process my financial aid they told me to go back to the first school because I owed them money, ( I thought it was nonsense because the financial aid terms mention that if I dropped below the full time credits I might have to pay the money, but no where does it state that if you dropped from the processing school you should repay the money.) Anyway i went back and yes a supervisor told me I did owe them money but that he would try to help me and to call him. I did call and call and no answer. I didn't even had money for gas to go. When i was lucky enough to get some money I went the supervisor said that I should go back to the other school and tell them that i talked to him but by this time the time to process a loan was over. The other school told me exactly that the lian applications where closed and that they could only cover the grant so that I didn't have to repay back everything. The supervisor on the other school told me to email her. Again I did, and no answer. They fave me instructions to follow on the online to change the processing school but I can't. Now I'm placed on a hold and can't get no more classes or financial aid or anything because I owe one school money. I explained them in both schools my situation and yhey only tell me that i need to repay the money I am getting no where no more. I believe it was not my fault because of the mentioned first no where does it specify that i shouldn't drop from the processing school since they take into consideration all colleges to disburse the financial aid. If I would have known I would had simply enrolled in another class after I had dropped the class in my processing school even with one unit. The other thing is that if they had replied to me to any of my calls i would had more than enough time to go to the othrr college and gad them processed the loan and the grant. Please help I'm falling into depression because I don't know what to do if I don't get the rest of the financial aid and if I'm not allowed to get classes anymore. After this I have been sleepless, I'm not hingry, I gave anxiety, I'm completely afraid of daily routines because I can't take this out of my head, I haven't gone out to search for an attorney for the same reason and that's why I'm sending this message. I lost my job a few months back and me and my family only relied on the grant and school loans so that I could get a career and pay some of the bills.

Hello, is there anyway I can sue my school? I'm assisting a community college district with about 9 colleges one of them processed my grant and loand which they disbursed for tge most part leaving only about $1,400.00 to be disbured. I found out I owe money to this college, the money I don't have, because I dropped a the only class I was talking in the school that processed my financial aid. I even had to drop another class by the end of the semester because I didn't get the rest of the financial aid I was supposed to get and I was unable to assist to class due to lack of transportation money. I went to the financial aid college that processed my financial aid to find out why they didn't disbursed the rest of the pell grant and to explain to them that I was in serious financial need and if I didn't get the grant I was going to have to drop the only class on campus I was still enrolled in online classes. The first time a supervisor or technician told me that they were not going to pay me because I wasn't taking classes with them and to go to the other school to tell them to process my financial aid, there was no mention that I owed them anythin, it didn't even pass through my mind either because I was still enrolled full time within the district. When I went to one of the schools I had classes to see if they could process my financial aid they told me to go back to the first school because I owed them money, ( I thought it was nonsense because the financial aid terms mention that if I dropped below the full time or completely drop all classes I might have to pay the money back, but no where does it state that if you dropped from the processing school you should repay the money.) Anyway I went back and yes another supervisor or technician told me I did owe them money but that he would try to help me and to call him. I did, I called and called and no answer. I didn't even had money for gas to go to the office in person. When I was lucky enough to get some money, I went the supervisor he said that I should go back to the other school and tell them that I talked to him, that they had to process everything loan and grant so that I could repay the loan and grant their school had disbursed and give me the remaining balnce. But by this time the time to process a loan was over. The other school told me exactly that, the deadline for loan applications where closed and that they could only cover the grant so that I didn't have to repay back everything. The supervisor on the college I was taking classes told me to email her. Again I did, and no answer. They gave me instructions to follow on the online to change the processing school but I can't. Now I'm placed on a hold and can't get no more classes or financial aid or anything because I owe one school money. I explained them in both schools my situation and and if I could appeal, they only told me that I need to repay the money. I am getting no where no more. I believe it was not my fault because of the mentioned first no where does it specify that I shouldn't drop from the processing school since they take into consideration all colleges in the district to disburse the financial aid and to see how many units is a student taking in the district. If I would have known this I would had simply replaced the class I dropped with another one in the processing school even a class with one unit. The other thing is that if they had answered any of my calls I would had, had more than enough time to go to any of the other colleges because I was taking classes in 3 out of the nine, and they would had processed the loan and the grant on time. Please help I'm falling into depression because I don't know what to do if I don't get the rest of the financial aid and if I'm not allowed to get classes anymore. After this I have been sleepless, I'm not hungry, I have anxiety, I'm completely afraid of daily routines because I can't take this out of my head, I haven't gone out to search for an attorney for the same reason and that's why I'm sending this message. I lost my job a few months back, my family and I only relied on the grant and school loans so that I could get a career and pay some of the bills. The more time it passes the more unexplanable fear I get.

Please use paragraphs and proofread what you write. It is impossible to sort out what happened and why you think this is someone else's fault.

If you drop classes, you can't get grant or loan money for those classes. You may, and probably do owe for at least some or all of the courses you enrolled in but dropped well after the semester began.

Your post isn't completely clear but I'm not sure there is anything we can do for you here. If you owe money for dropped classes, then you owe money.

Urgent help please

Hello, is there anyway I can sue my school? I'm assisting a community college district with about 9 colleges.
One of them processed my grant and loand which they disbursed for the most part leaving only about $1,400.00 to be disbursed. I found out I owe money to this college, the money I don't have, because I dropped the only class I was talking in this school which processed my financial aid. I even had to drop another class in another college within the district by the end of the semester because I didn't get the rest of the financial aid I was supposed to get, and I was unable to assist to class due to lack of transportation money.
I went to the financial aid college that processed my financial aid to find out why they didn't disbursed the rest of the pell grant and to explain to them that I was in serious financial need and if I didn't get the grant I was going to have to drop the only class on campus. I was still enrolled in online classes. The first time a supervisor or technician told me that they were not going to pay me because I wasn't taking classes with them and to go to the other college within the district to tell them to process my financial aid, there was no mention that I owed them anything, it didn't even pass through my mind either because I was still enrolled full time within the district. When I went to the other college I had classes to see if they could process my financial aid, they told me to go back to the first school because I owed them money, ( I thought it was nonsense because the financial aid terms mention that if I dropped below the full time or completely drop all classes I might have to pay the money back, but no where does it state that if you dropped from the processing school you should repay the money.) Anyway I went back and yes another supervisor or technician told me I did owe them money but that he would try to help me and to call him. I did, I called and called and no answer. I didn't even had money for gas to go to the office in person. When I was lucky enough to get some money, I went the supervisor he said that I should go back to the other school and tell them that I talked to him, that they had to process everything loan and grant so that I could repay the loan and grant there college had disbursed and give me the remaining balnce. But by this time the time to process a loan was over.
The other school told me exactly that, the deadline for loan applications where closed and that they could only cover the grant so that I didn't have to repay back everything. The supervisor on the other college I was still taking classes told me to email her. Again I did, and no answer. They gave me instructions to follow on the online to change the processing school but I can't. Now I'm placed on a hold and can't get no more classes or financial aid or anything because I owe one school money. I explained them in both schools my situation and and if I could appeal because I was still enrolled full time. They only told me that I need to repay the money. I am getting no where no more.
I believe it was not my fault because of the mentioned first no where does it specify that I shouldn't drop from the processing school since they take into consideration all colleges in the district to disburse the financial aid and to see how many units is a student taking within the district. If I would have known this I would had simply replaced the class I dropped with another one in the school that processed my financial aid. The other thing is that if they had answered any of my calls I would had, had more than enough time to go to any of the other colleges because I was taking classes in 3 out of the 9, and they would had processed the loan and the grant on time.
Please help I'm falling into depression because I don't know what to do if I don't get the rest of the financial aid and if I'm not allowed to get classes anymore. After this I have been sleepless, I'm not hungry, I have anxiety, I'm completely afraid of daily routines because I can't take this out of my head, I haven't gone out to search for an attorney for the same reason and that's why I'm sending this message. I lost my job a few months back, my family and I only relied on the grant and school loans so that I could get a career and pay some of the bills. The more time it passes the more unexplanable fear I get.
Keep in mind that I was enrolled full time and didn't fall under 12 units untill the end within the 9 colleges in the district. I only dropped the class on the college that processed the financial aid.
I posted before but I'm in so much stress that I didn't pay attention how poor the where written.

Last edited:
Hello, is there anyway I can sue my school? I'm assisting a community college district with about 9 colleges.
One of them processed my grant and loand which they disbursed for the most part leaving only about $1,400.00 to be disbursed. I found out I owe money to this college, the money I don't have, because I dropped the only class I was talking in this school which processed my financial aid. I even had to drop another class in another college within the district by the end of the semester because I didn't get the rest of the financial aid I was supposed to get, and I was unable to assist to class due to lack of transportation money.
I went to the financial aid college that processed my financial aid to find out why they didn't disbursed the rest of the pell grant and to explain to them that I was in serious financial need and if I didn't get the grant I was going to have to drop the only class on campus. I was still enrolled in online classes. The first time a supervisor or technician told me that they were not going to pay me because I wasn't taking classes with them and to go to the other college within the district to tell them to process my financial aid, there was no mention that I owed them anything, it didn't even pass through my mind either because I was still enrolled full time within the district. When I went to the other college I had classes to see if they could process my financial aid, they told me to go back to the first school because I owed them money, ( I thought it was nonsense because the financial aid terms mention that if I dropped below the full time or completely drop all classes I might have to pay the money back, but no where does it state that if you dropped from the processing school you should repay the money.) Anyway I went back and yes another supervisor or technician told me I did owe them money but that he would try to help me and to call him. I did, I called and called and no answer. I didn't even had money for gas to go to the office in person. When I was lucky enough to get some money, I went the supervisor he said that I should go back to the other school and tell them that I talked to him, that they had to process everything loan and grant so that I could repay the loan and grant there college had disbursed and give me the remaining balnce. But by this time the time to process a loan was over.
The other school told me exactly that, the deadline for loan applications where closed and that they could only cover the grant so that I didn't have to repay back everything. The supervisor on the other college I was still taking classes told me to email her. Again I did, and no answer. They gave me instructions to follow on the online to change the processing school but I can't. Now I'm placed on a hold and can't get no more classes or financial aid or anything because I owe one school money. I explained them in both schools my situation and and if I could appeal because I was still enrolled full time. They only told me that I need to repay the money. I am getting no where no more.
I believe it was not my fault because of the mentioned first no where does it specify that I shouldn't drop from the processing school since they take into consideration all colleges in the district to disburse the financial aid and to see how many units is a student taking within the district. If I would have known this I would had simply replaced the class I dropped with another one in the school that processed my financial aid. The other thing is that if they had answered any of my calls I would had, had more than enough time to go to any of the other colleges because I was taking classes in 3 out of the 9, and they would had processed the loan and the grant on time.
Please help I'm falling into depression because I don't know what to do if I don't get the rest of the financial aid and if I'm not allowed to get classes anymore. After this I have been sleepless, I'm not hungry, I have anxiety, I'm completely afraid of daily routines because I can't take this out of my head, I haven't gone out to search for an attorney for the same reason and that's why I'm sending this message. I lost my job a few months back, my family and I only relied on the grant and school loans so that I could get a career and pay some of the bills. The more time it passes the more unexplanable fear I get.
Keep in mind that I was enrolled full time and didn't fall under 12 units untill the end within the 9 colleges in the district. I only dropped the class on the college that processed the financial aid.
I posted before but I'm in so much stress that I didn't pay attention how poor the where written.

We can't help you.
You need to speak with a lawyer in your area.
That's the best shot you've got, and its running 6 to 5 against you.

Back