Needing help with dcs no contact order

C

conceredmother

Jurisdiction
Indiana
My family has an in home CHINS case, due to fathers failed drug screen for meth. I was told by someone at our local DCS office that it was okay that my husband (father of the kids) was allowed to live at my house with us. There was an incident where my husband was yellling in the home, threating things to people outside, never went outside, never made eye contact with any of them. DCS took a statement from a 4yr old that daddy said he was going to knock someones teeth out, he did say that but never did hit anyone or even leave the house. There is no domestic violence in the home and he has never abused our children. DCS shows up and my house 2 days later with the police with a no contact order between father and the kids, So as of now he is homeless, living in his car, he has services to complete with DCS so our case can be closed, which he is unable to do now that his basic needs arent even met. Is there any way to get this no contact order dropped?

Is there any way to get this no contact order dropped?

Yes, he can do as DCS requires and the matter will be resolved.
He can refuse to do as DCS requires, and the matter will not go away.
One should always deliberate and choose wisely.

Yes, he can do as DCS requires and the matter will be resolved.
He can refuse to do as DCS requires, and the matter will not go away.
One should always deliberate and choose wisely.

I understand that he needs to complete services, but he doesnt even have a place to sleep or eat during the day, his mind in consumed with how he is going to make it day to day. Is there any way to have it dropped as long as he is not the sole caregiver of the children. How is he to complete services when his basic needs arent met? The kids are crying for their daddy every night. There is no evidence of physical abuse to me or the children (because he has never hurt us, ever, he rarely and i mean rarely spanks our children) how can they put a no contact order in place over hear say. If he was home it would be so much easier for him to complete services so he can come home to his children.

Your meth addict husband was yelling in the home, threatening strangers with violence in front of your young children, and you think this is a good influence on the children?? You need to be much more concerned with the children themselves. Growing up in a home with an addicted father who "goes off" and threatens people is a danger to the kids, even if that violence hasn't yet been aimed at them. If you want to keep the children in the home at all, Daddy needs to find another place to live and get clean.

people yell and say things they dont mean when they are angry, everyone does it, im sure even you do ELLEMD, there is no physical violence in the home and the yelling isnt a daily, weekly or even monthly thing

I just dont understand how they can tell me in the local office that it is fine for him to live with me and his children and then show up 2 days later with a no contact order

I understand that he needs to complete services, but he doesnt even have a place to sleep or eat during the day, his mind in consumed with how he is going to make it day to day. Is there any way to have it dropped as long as he is not the sole caregiver of the children. How is he to complete services when his basic needs arent met? The kids are crying for their daddy every night. There is no evidence of physical abuse to me or the children (because he has never hurt us, ever, he rarely and i mean rarely spanks our children) how can they put a no contact order in place over hear say. If he was home it would be so much easier for him to complete services so he can come home to his children.
What does he have to do to meet DCS requirements to get the order dropped? I fail to find anything that he can't do just because he's living in his car. He has a car - so he can get to appointments right? You can speak to him he just can't be around the kids right? So you can give him some money to get by if you choose to.

They can put a no contact order in place if they feel there is a danger.

hes not an addict he was in a dark place, we were living in the same house he recently found his mother dead in
Oh yeah I've heard that one before. "I'm not an addict I can control it." Meth is a very dangerous drug and makes the user VERY unstable. I have first hand experiences with someone who uses meth. It's not pretty. It's not fun. If I were you I'd want those kids as far away from him until he's clean.

So something bad happened to him - that means use meth? Sorry but I have zero tolerance for addicts or people who use drugs and alcohol and use bad things as an excuse to use them. He needs some treatment to learn some better coping mechanisms.

people yell and say things they dont mean when they are angry, everyone does it, im sure even you do ELLEMD, there is no physical violence in the home and the yelling isnt a daily, weekly or even monthly thing
I bet she isn't high on meth when she does it and not yelling at people outside...obviously they found out something you either don't know about him or you aren't telling us and that's why they issued that order.

I just dont understand how they can tell me in the local office that it is fine for him to live with me and his children and then show up 2 days later with a no contact order

It takes them a couple of days to obtain the order.
So, they pretended to be nice to you so they could get that order.
Once they got the order, BAM, they slapped him down.
That's the way DCS works, cautiously, carefully, and then BAM.

I'm willing to bet there's a homeless shelter either in the town/city you're living in or one nearby. I'd suggest your husband find one of those to live at while he works out his problems.

Back