Need Some Major Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNP12608

I am totally lost in this sea of 'leaglness' I know soon that the bio-father of my little girl is going to petion for custody. As soon as CSE contacts him about coming in to fill out the paternity aknowledgement form. So my question is how do I even know who is a good lawyer? I know of course I need to find someone who specializes in Family Law that fact is appearnt but thats about all I know and I don't want to be sucked in by someone who will do me no good but talks alot.. You know what I mean??

Also forgot to mention I am really looking for a ProBono(sp?) case.. how do I find a lawyer that can do that??

Check with the American Bar Association chapter in your area for pro bono attorneys. Good Luck!

Pro bono work is hard to come buy, everyone wants a free attorney but unless you have a unique circumstance you might not find one. Be preapred to pay for an attorney like everyone else. You can call legal aid, or your local BAR assoc to see what you can find.

On another note, if you want child support and paternity acknowledgement from this guy, he will have some rights. It is highly unlikely he will get custody unless he can prove you unfit. I suggest working out a visitation schedule, supervised at first until him and the child get acquainted. eventually he will likely be entitled to a regular unsupervised visitation schedule.

Can you guys try to work something out and avoid a nasty custody battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back