Assault & Battery Need Some Information!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylewesa

I need some infomation pertaining to an assault charge pending against me. I was charged with 3rd degree assault, risk of injury to a minor. I never assaulted this person.
On may 17th of 2003 this person claimed that I jumped out of a car with two un-identified males at 11:30pm, asked him for a bag of weed. He replied that he did not and then I punched him in the face jumped in the car and left.
The police report was very close to that. Prior to this incident, I had this individual arrested for selling drugs to a family member of mine. Exactly, two days Prior to this erratic statement made by this person.
I volunteer my time at a local music club for teens, young artists and performers located in Connecticut. I do not have a time card, but at the alleged night I was there. I do not drive a car, but my mother in-law would drive me home on a commute back to the town where we live.
I was arressted on a warrent, that state police had not informed me of.
When I went to court the prosecutor said I was looking at Jail time. When presenting him with a statement from the owner of this local music club stating that at the time of the incident I was working. A copy of the note with my signature, fully detailing his drug dealing, which was dated 2 days prior to the incident. A record that I did not own a veichle. A statement from my mother in-law that she had picked me up at 12:56am in the morning and a statement from my parents that I did not leave my home when my mother in-law dropped me there. None of this seems to matter to the court or prosecutor?

]How do I go about making any evidence that I have my innocense looked at and considered, any suggestions would be appreciated

Last edited:
depending on the rest of the story, you get yourself a lawyer, go to trial and have witnesses tell the jury that you have been miles away from that place at the alleged time.

I wonder what the rest of the story is, though: who is this other person, what is his record? What is your record? Why would you look at jail time, is this not the first offense? Was more alleged? Does the complainant have witnesses?

Usually an A.D.A. will be careful to go to trial on these kind of facts alone. If he really doesn't have much more, you have a good chance that the charges will be dropped.

I have been convicted of two crimes prior one was a criminal Mischief 3rd when me and some friends were fooling around at a gas station and when shoved my head hit the door breaking it. I was charged. Then I just had a DUI, which my legal blood alcohol would have been fine if I was 21 years of age. I had this kid arressted for possession, possession on school grounds, intent to sell, and possession of over 1 ounce of marajuana. 2 days prior to this incident

Now, do I get it right that you are saying you were never near that person on that night?

What is the state's evidence? Do they have witnesses? Did that person call the cops? Was he visibly injured (bruise etc.) Was there a medical report filed?

If you have not been near that person, I wonder how he would be able to convince the DA that you were there.

Or have you been actually there, been talking to him etc but just not assaulted him?

Now, if you have not been where he says you were, you should start right away and get as many witnesses as you can who can testify to this.

Since you are looking at a max time of 1 year and a third conviction record you definitely should get a lawyer to handle that case.

Yet, I wonder. Where I come from the DA would never even bring such a case to trial. What else happened?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back