Need some help I'm being railroaded

W

Wacotxman1

Jurisdiction
Texas
I was sued back in 2010 from a disgruntled ex boss daughter that said she got hurt on my property . I had no insurance on house. Her suit is all a lie but I've had to pay a attorney. My attorney said $2500.00 if it goes to trial. I paid it. Time has passed in 2015 got a letter it was set for pretrial. Day of pretrial find out it was called off by attorney suing me. Sit here waiting. Now DEC 2016 I got a letter last week stating I have to go to mediation at a cost of $600.00 which is suppose to be half of the cost. I went to court house and found out .this wasn't court ordered. The other attorney just requested it. I found out in April 2016 they filed a motion for mediation but then canceled it. I feel my attorney has done nothing as I do not even know what they expect to get from me. Do I have to go to a mediation that isn't court ordered? Is it smart to go to a mediation of a place that the suing attorney chose? I would rather just go to trial rather than waisting more money. Also my attorney basically has started acting as if he is owed more money although I paid him what he asked up front . I'm being railroaded anything I can do?

I was sued back in 2010 from a disgruntled ex boss daughter that said she got hurt on my property . I had no insurance on house. Her suit is all a lie but I've had to pay a attorney. My attorney said $2500.00 if it goes to trial. I paid it. Time has passed in 2015 got a letter it was set for pretrial. Day of pretrial find out it was called off by attorney suing me. Sit here waiting. Now DEC 2016 I got a letter last week stating I have to go to mediation at a cost of $600.00 which is suppose to be half of the cost. I went to court house and found out .this wasn't court ordered. The other attorney just requested it. I found out in April 2016 they filed a motion for mediation but then canceled it. I feel my attorney has done nothing as I do not even know what they expect to get from me. Do I have to go to a mediation that isn't court ordered? Is it smart to go to a mediation of a place that the suing attorney chose? I would rather just go to trial rather than waisting more money. Also my attorney basically has started acting as if he is owed more money although I paid him what he asked up front . I'm being railroaded anything I can do?

I suggest you visit two or three bankruptcy attorneys on Monday.
Google - WACO BANKRUPTCY LADY - for starters.
I know her personally, but I'm not soliciting for her.
I'm simply saying her clients love her because she gets results.
She's 1,000% ethical, and if you hire her, she'll extricate YOU from this abyss.

There are several other good Waco area BK lawyers, too.

Anyway, a CHAPTER 7 BK is the easiest, fastest, most direct route to get your life back and shoo these roaches away, forever!!!

Let me know what you discover.

I could tell you now, but I want you to hear the good news from YOUR lawyer, not just A lawyer.

So, go get the help to fix the mess.

I suggest you visit two or three bankruptcy attorneys on Monday.
Google - WACO BANKRUPTCY LADY - for starters.
I know her personally, but I'm not soliciting for her.
I'm simply saying her clients love her because she gets results.
She's 1,000% ethical, and if you hire her, she'll extricate YOU from this abyss.

There are several other good Waco area BK lawyers, too.

Anyway, a CHAPTER 7 BK is the easiest, fastest, most direct route to get your life back and shoo these roaches away, forever!!!

Let me know what you discover.

I could tell you now, but I want you to hear the good news from YOUR lawyer, not just A lawyer.

So, go get the help to fix the mess.
Thanks for reply dont know if it would make a difference but I have very little debt but do have assets that I worked hard and payed for. I am just so tired of the bullying and feel at a loss as I've just had to dish out my hard earned money to be lied to and takin advantage of. I'm TIRED and at the end of my rope and causing depression causing other issues

Get a new attorney if you're not happy with yours.
It's not easy to just pull $$ from the sky. That has been the conclusion lots have said. Do I just say oh well I lost $3000.00 and set myself up again ? At this point I don't know who to trust it all revolves around lies and my bank account

House was paid for and not everyone has money for insurance.

I understand your dilemma, mate.
I've counseled hundreds of clients in my life, and not one who chose the BK route regretted that choice.
Educate yourself, bankruptcy will allow you to keep your home and assets.
It'll also avoid others stealing those hard earned assets from you.
BK will kill that lawsuit.
Talk to the "Waco Bankruptcy Lady".
I gain nothing out of it, except knowing another decent human being will be helped by a decent lawyer, a lawyer who cares.
Not all of us who practice law do it for money.
Sure, we earn a living, but we enjoy helping people who truly need help.
Call her, meet with her, let her explain to you how a chapter 7 BK will run the wolves away from your door.

Back