Parole, Probation need my life back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie0508

I have been on probation for 8 years an i have 4 months left how can I get my gun rights back an have my life back to normal so I can find a good job

You do not need a gun to get your life back on track. Depending on what your crimes were you might never be eligible.

I have been on probation for 8 years an i have 4 months left how can I get my gun rights back an have my life back to normal so I can find a good job

What kind of a job do you think you are eligible for that would require you to have gun rights restored?

If your offense was a felony, you may never be eligible for a restoration of gun rights. If you tell us what offense(s) you have been convicted of, we might be able to advise you on the possible paths to restoration (if possible at all), but this is probably a long shot.

It might be best to simply move on with your life and build anew without lingering in the past.

Don't apply for any jobs where you need a gun.

The answer is simple, OP.
The solution is so complex, it'll never occur.
You're free to seek the solution, however.
If your crime was a federal felony, you seek a presidential pardon.
If your crime was an Arkansas felony, you seek a gubernatorial pardon.

These links will explain the process:

Arkansas State Pardon:

http://paroleboard.arkansas.gov/clemency/pages/applications.aspx

United States Pardon:

http://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardon-information-and-instructions

Last edited:
Assuming the gun rights and job are linked, such as you are a security guard, park ranger, shooting range instructor, or other employee who must carry a gun, my advise is to seek other avenues of employment. Even if you get your gun rights back, if your criminal background is such that gun use was in jeopardy, chances are most employers are going to be reluctant to hire you because of your record and it would be totally legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back