Need Input on Harassment/Intimidation

Status
Not open for further replies.

missylou9

I was recently pulled into the director's office and written up for joking around with a co-worker. I had stated to this person " Do you know who the office Nark is now? I don't want to get into any more trouble." This person turned me in for feeling I was accusing this person of being the office Nark therefore, my director stated I was harassing and Intimidating this person whreas he made me sign a document stating I read the agencys policy on workplace harassment, etc. The first copy I signed I stated what exactly had transpired. The Director came into my office and stated I had no rights to write anything on that paper only sign it, so he made me sign another copy. I would just appreciate someone else's opinion in this matter. Maybe I'm just losing it, but I don't feel that I was harassing/Intimidating in any way. Thanks:confused:

It doesn't really matter what anyone here thinks. If your employer feels your behavior or comments were inappropriate, they are free to discipline you for it. Unless your employer is seriously confused (and some are), your comment about the office Narc doesn't amount to PROHIBITED harassment but if they wish to categorize it as harassment and intimidation, they may.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back