Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemoma107

I just found out that my Husband is cheating on me,This is not the first time.We have been together for 25 years (Married for the past 17)We have separated four times in the past.The longest was 2 years ago and it was for 1 year.He has cheated 2 other times and says the same thing each time.(He is just not happy any more and wonts to be by him self) We have 4 chrildren and 8 grandchrildren.One 17 so steal at home and a 6 year old grandchild lives with us.He is talking about moving out again.He says he well pay all the bills and see that we have every thing we need.(He did the last time for the year we where apart)The thing is I worried the whole time that he would stop doing it and I dont no what we would have done.I have never had to work,and was wondering if I get a Legal Separation or Divorce.Well he have to pay Alimony?

Go to legal aid for a free consultation.

If they won't take you, ask your state bar association for a cheap or free lawyer in your area.

hummm, I would assume that he entered into a legally binding verbal agreement, all I would do is somehow catch him on tape saying that "he well pay all the bills and see that we have every thing we need" then you have in a contract that he cannot really break. If he does im sure you could sue him. Not to mention, is the checking account(s) in just his name? Also if you get divorced I am sure you could sue him for half of what is owned at that time since it was purchased with both of you.

I am not a lawyer that is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Thats for your apinion,The chicking account is in my name only.I did that four months ago,so there is not much there.I can get him on tape.Dont no way I didnt think of that,I have done it befor.

You likely qualify for long term alimony if your husband has been the main breadwinner the whole marriage. You really should see an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back