need help within hrs....ordered to court on motions of contempt BUT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

justiceforall

I did not get the chance to file a response to the motions to enforce orders and find in contempt as I have now received order to court appearance. This order has given me 2 business days only for my defense and find an attorney.

I have written a motion for continuance so I may seek an attorney.

I will also write a response of denial to the motions proposed.

Questions:

1. If I am requesting continuance to get an attorney .... do I have to give reasons, etc on my response of why I deny the allegations including what I want the Judge to do?
OR
2. Because I'm in need of an attorney for that very reason (to help me defend these accusations), do I be brief and just state that I oppose their motions and deny contempt (and ask the court to consider my motion for continuance??)

3. One of the contempts is allegation of not allowing my soon ex from entering the home to extract items. If this motion of contempt is being opposed and in light of requesting continuance to hire attorney, Can the soon ex ask the court to still allow him to enter the home while waiting on his decision to continue?

4. How can I stop this from happening? How do I ask the court to hold off on any approvals, actions, etc. until I am heard in court as it would not be in my best interest for the Judge to still let him come in.

Thank you

Perhaps look into temporary restraining order... to maintain the status quo. I would think a court would grant continuance based on the timeline you set forth. But you will prolly need to get in front of judge quickly, maybe with emergency motion heard ex parte. These are relatively easy to initiate. Be prepared to tell judge why you need more time and why you feel your future ex needs to be restrained from access. (btw i'm not a lawyer)

I did not get the chance to file a response to the motions to enforce orders and find in contempt as I have now received order to court appearance. This order has given me 2 business days only for my defense and find an attorney.

I have written a motion for continuance so I may seek an attorney.

I will also write a response of denial to the motions proposed.

Questions:

1. If I am requesting continuance to get an attorney .... do I have to give reasons, etc on my response of why I deny the allegations including what I want the Judge to do?
OR
2. Because I'm in need of an attorney for that very reason (to help me defend these accusations), do I be brief and just state that I oppose their motions and deny contempt (and ask the court to consider my motion for continuance??)

3. One of the contempts is allegation of not allowing my soon ex from entering the home to extract items. If this motion of contempt is being opposed and in light of requesting continuance to hire attorney, Can the soon ex ask the court to still allow him to enter the home while waiting on his decision to continue?

4. How can I stop this from happening? How do I ask the court to hold off on any approvals, actions, etc. until I am heard in court as it would not be in my best interest for the Judge to still let him come in.

Thank you

I've tried to tell you many, many times to avoid trying to litigate this with information you obtain from the internet.

This is simple, if you want it to be simple, complex if you try to be Matlock, Johnny Cochran, or Perry Mason.

When you appear ask the judge to allow you one final continuance for you to get the money required to retain counsel.

You might say you'll have the final $1,000 within the next two weeks for you to hire a lawyer.

Ask the judge to reset the case for anytime after the next 14 days.

If this is about giving a "soon to be EX" acces to collect certain items form your residence, why bother fighting it?

You can simply stipulate to him being allowed to do so with the police or sheriff present.

The responding law enforcement agency will often allow someone in that position 15-20 minutes to retrieve their property.

You can assist by packing the items (or arranging them in bundles), creating a list, and asking the "soon to be EX" to sign noting his receipt of the property.

You would also be smart to video the event and/or take pictures of same (including the bundles of property).

It's more than that.....

One of the contempts is that I refused to sign a contract of a relocation package offered where his company will sell the house for you and if it doesn't in 90 days, they buy it from you.
My soon ex gave false testimony about this offer and so during the hearing the Judge A (our case Judge) suggested we all look at the contract when my soon ex receives it. The Judge also knew that I may want to buy soon ex out and said he would have to hear further testimony in our case regarding assets for this to happen.

When the orders 2 weeks later were submitted by his attorney for signage , not only did he get a different Judge B to sign, but he had the orders read that I am to sign the contract and allow this sale without any interference, etc etc.

Now they have motioned the court to have this order enforced and find me in contempt. I Never have had any correspondence in any shape or form regarding this contract. I have seen NOTHNG on it........ AND they are asking for me to be removed from the home!!! so it will sell better. Judge A has issued an order for a hearing for this afternoon (Wed)

This and all the other orders that his attorney submitted and Judge B signed, do not reflect the orders from the hearing from Judge A

As for obtaining an attorney... before any of this came up a little over a week ago, I had already secured an appointment with an attorney however it is not until next week. I contacted him regarding this and his schedule can't accomodate me and told me to deny the motion of contempt and ask for continuance to obtain counsel.

I have proof that soon ex told lies about this relocation package amongst many other lies he said in court and I have proof of it all.
I have been to so many attorney's even while I still had the bad one working for me (hoping to replace him) It appears that those ones that would take my case would change their minds after speaking with HIS attorney. I even had a contract with one this Spring so I then fired the acting one. But.... 5 days later, my new attorney voided our contract after he told me he talked with HIS attorney and has changed his mind.

I have seen many since and am still without. HIS attorney has scarred my name .

This has been quite a circus for over a year and a half to say the least. Soon ex thinks he's going to squeeze me out..... and I sure hope some day Justice will be on my side. LOL

Last edited:
His attorney has scarred your name!!! Seriously!!! He had a buyer contract to dispose of the house, you not only intentionally tanked that, you refuse to move so the house can be made ready for sale. I would be surprised if the judge does not give you a few days in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back