Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct need help with a case

Status
Not open for further replies.

smart_ass

ok thank you to all that will read this. but any way ok on june 20 of 2009 i was arrested for harassment and resisting arrest. but hear is the story. well i arived home around 12:30 in the morning.i had 4 beers in me. i went in side and got into a fight with my mom, but i did not threaten or do any thing to act aggressivally. my sister who was up stares sleeping heard us and called the police.about a half hour went by and a patrole car pulls up in my front yard. he got out with anouth officer. he proceded over to me in a aggressive way. so i got a little angry (it is my house ). so i got smart with him.at that point he placed me in hand cuffs and placed me on my pourch. my mouther and i where still arguing. my mom just wanted to get me out of the house for the night. but the police where going to arrest me for harrasment bye then, any way. so he proceaded back to his car with me in front of him. when we got to the car, the door was open and i heard my mom say something so i steped up on the ledge and stared yelling at her. at that poing in mid sentains, the cop pulled my cuffs back and down so i lost my ballance and fell back wards. i grabed his belt(hands behiened me and cuffed) to catch my self and we bouth went on the ground(me face first). where he pulled his taser out and struck me 2 times before i had a chance to let go of his belt. then while he hit me with the 3rd burst's he sayed let go of my belt and i will stop tasering you. whitch i couldnt cause i wasbeing tasered and my muscle's where contracting.so he hit me 2 more time till i let go.all hits where with in 1 min and 30 seconds. then him and the other officer placed picked me up off the ground. could and one let me know what they think about this and if this would be considerd excessive force. i feel like he did the most he could do instead of pulling his gun on me. can u be cuffed and have a taser used on you if you are not acting out

I suspect the police account of your actions will be different than yours. From what you wrote, you would appear to have been struggling with the officers when you were hit with the Taser.

Now, the question I have is were you hit with the Taser darts? Or, were you hit in what we refer to as "drive stun" where it is done like a stun gun and shocks only a small part of you. If in drive stunn, your muscles on your hands and arms would not have contracted, and you could have released your grip. In either instance, each burst is only 5 seconds long if not shut off, so three bursts in a minute and a half would be 15 seconds out of 90 - that is plenty of time to comply with commands between bursts.

Consult an attorney regarding the criminal allegation. If you are acquitted at trial or the court dismisses the charges, then you may consult attorneys and see if any are willing to take on a case for excessive force.

- Carl

It seems to me you were uncooperative, combative and resisting arrest. You should have just kept your mouth shut and sat in the patrol car. You were acting out. We are only hearing your side too I wonder what the officers account is and I can almost guarantee they will differ.

I'm curious did you piss yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back