Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Need Help to fight Injustice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsPatti123

I am a concerned mother of a 19 year old boy currently in jail at a Hillsborough county facility in Florida. I do not know what to do and need advice/guidance desperately.

Here is my story: When my son was 18 he met a girl at the age of 15. The father disapproved and filed a restraining order against my son stating that he threatened her on several occasions and she was in fear for her life. It was complete bs.

Myself, and a friend of my son showed up for court on his behalf to dispute the information presented to the judge. We were refused entry. My son in less than 3 minutes was told by the judge the order was in place and not to contact the girl. I spoke to one of the police officers and he forcefully stated to me, "Ma'm, she is 15 your son is 18, period". I told him it was nothing but lies and he stated it didn't matter the father wants your son not to see her again.

Why is this legal? To falsify a legal document and allow the courts to accept this without question? Why we were not allowed to speak on his behalf? Also in the document the father wrote about a conversation we had and omitting the whole truth. I was there to contest the lie since it concerned my conversation with the father.

Here is the kicker: The father is an x-police officer with Hillsborough county sheriff's department and now turned Lawyer! He is this macho alpha male bully type that utilizes the sheriff's department for his benefits. Friends, connections even with judges at the Hillsborough county court house know him and sides, support his lies.

The problem is his daughter will not stop calling him, claiming child abuse from her Father, which is actually true; however, the witnesses are afraid of retaliation from the father. They are all scared of this man. So every time she gets a black eye, fat lip or bruises she calls my son and cries for help. He comes to the rescue and bam, guess who is there? Yep, daddy. Calls 911, blocks his car and calls a judge friend to witness him being at the same location. He is arrested for violating the restraining order.

A year prior to this event my son did something stupid for a friend and was arrested, Misdemeanor, 1 year probation and 100 hours community service. Since this incident is in effect not only was he violated for the restraining order now another charge for violation of probation. 2 for 1

Around a month later, she ran away from home and went through a friend to contact my son to pick her up. She was on drugs and in a comprised situation. Her parents were looking for her all day and they did not call the police for support, Amber alert. Why? Because it would of made daddy look bad in front of the police department and judicial system. My son being who he is picks her up and takes her to a friend's house. Not more than 2 minutes later daddy shows up, door bell, door open, and wham sees my son and calls 911. The girl and my son runs, cops everywhere, they get in a car and 30 seconds later was surrounded by police. I was actually on the phone with him during this time.

Bam, violation #2 equaling for a total of 4. Went to court and daddy stated to the judge he was filing additional charges so they extended another 3 weeks, no bond. Court date comes and the state attorney office stated he filed but they lost the paperwork. They were willing to make a deal and give him 4 years in prison. 4 YEARS! OMG ! Since my lawyer did not receive the discovery he requested another date so he could review another 3 week delay. During this the father stated to the judge he was not finished filing charges.

I believe daddy's tactic is to delay as much as possible. He has no evidence on other circumstances, nothing, nada. He wants to make sure I go broke because for every charge it runs me $1,500. Right now I am at 4, do the math. He also wants to file stalking charges. This man is obsessed in doing harm to my son. He will not stop; he is now on a mission. He is pulling in all his friendship cards so he can prove a point. Point being: "He can".

Please help. I do not know what to do or what to expect. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thank You!

Last edited:
MsPatti123 said:
I am a concerned mother of a 19 year old boy currently in jail at a Hillsborough county facility in Florida. I do not know what to do and need advice/guidence desperately.

Here is my story: When my son was 18 he met a girl at the age of 15. The father disapproved and filed a retraining order against my son stating that he threatened her on several occasions and she was in fear for her life. It was complete bs.

Myself, and a friend of my son showed up for court on his behalf to dispute the information presented to the judge. We were refused entry. My son in less than 3 minutes was told by the judge the order was in place and not to contact the girl. I spoke to one of the police officers and he forcefully stated to me, “Ma’m, she is 15 your son is 18, period”. I told him it was nothing but lies and he stated it didn’t matter the father wants your son not to see her again.

Why is this legal? To falsify a legal document and allow the courts to accept this without question? Why we were not allowed to speak on his behalf? Also in the document the father wrote about a conversation we had and omitting the whole truth. I was there to contest the lie since it concerned my conversation with the father.

Here is the kicker: The father is an x-police officer with Hillsborough county sheriff’s department and now turned Lawyer! He is this macho alpha male bully type that utilizes the sheriff’s department in his favor. Friends, connections even with judges at the Hillsborough county court house know him and sides and support his lies.

The problem is his daughter will not stop calling him, claiming child abuse from her Father, which is actually true; however, the witnesses are afraid of retribution from the father. They are all scared of this man. So every time she gets a black eye, fat lip or bruises she calls my son and cries for help. He comes to the rescue and bam, guess who is there? Yep, daddy. Calls 911, blocks his car and calls a judge friend to witness him being at the same location. He is arrested for violating the restraining order.

A year prior to this event my son did something stupid for a friend and was arrested, Misdemeanor, 1 year probation and 100 hours community service. Since this incident is in effect not only was he violated for the restraining order now another charge for violation of probation. 2 for 1

Around a month later, she ran away from home and went through a friend fto contact my son to pick her up. She was on drugs and in a comprised situation. Her parents were looking for her all day and they did not call the police for support, Amber alert. Why? Because it would of made daddy look bad in front of the police department and judicial system. My son being who he is picks her up and takes her to a friend’s house. Not more than 2 minutes later daddy shows up, door bell, door open, and wham sees my son and calls 911. The girl and my son runs, cops everywhere, they get in a car and 30 seconds later was surrounded by police. I was actually on the phone with him during this time.

Bam, violation #2 equaling for a total of 4. Went to court and daddy stated to the judge he was filing additional charges so they extended another 3 weeks, no bond. Court date comes and the state attorney office stated he filed but they lost the paperwork. They were willing to make a deal and give him 4 years in prison. 4 YEARS! OMG ! Since my lawyer did not receive the discovery he requested another date so he could review another 3 week delay. During this the father stated to the judge he was not finished filing charges.

I believe daddy’s tactic is to delay as much as possible. He has no evidence on other circumstances, nothing, nada. He wants to make sure I go broke because for every charge it runs me $1,500. Right now I am at 4, do the math. He also wants to file stalking charges. This man is obsessed in doing harm to my son. He will not stop, he is now on a mission. He is pulling in all his friendship cards so he can prove a point. Point being: “He can”.

Please help. I do not know what to do or what to expect. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thank You!

Your son is an adult.
The girl is a 15 year old child.
She has no legal to choice whom she associates with or befriends, unless her parents approve.
Obviously, her parent (father) disapproves of her association with your son.
To you, he's your boy.
To the father of that 15 year old child, your son is seen as a potential abuser, molester, pervert, or the one who could deflower his daughter's virginity.
It isn't for you, your son, or me to argue with his assumptions.
Your son should stay as far away from that child as he can.
I'm a father, and wish all parents would keep adults away from children.
I'm sure you feel the same way, but don't see your son in that light.
Your son is legally an adult, but thinking like a teenager (which he also remains).
If he stays away from her, these issues will diminish.
When she calls, he should not answer.
He was to have no communication with this child.
That means none.
The child's father isn't your son's problem.
The 15 year old child isn't your son's problem.
Your son is his own problem.
He doesn't know when to stop.
It seems he doesn't know what NO means.
I'm sure you wouldn't want his 18 year old son sniffing around your 15 year old daughter.
Help your son avoid a very bad ending, convince him to avoid that girl like she had the black death, because as far as your son is concerned, she does!!!
Talk to your son.
Talk with his lawyer.
Don't justify what he did.
Adults aren't allowed to make these kinds of mistakes.
Children get great leeway in their follies.
Your son is about to throw his life away.
He may be convicted of an offense against a child.
That could ruin his future.
Try to get his lawyer to work out a settlement that will make this easier on everyone.
Florida prisons are horrible places.
Your son has one strike against him.
You can't break the law (any law), while on probation.
He needs to (and so do you) forget that 15 year old and her issues.
Otherwise, he's gonna wake up in an orange jumpsuit very soon!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in reality, the lie wins. All he had to do is work with me on the situation and this could have been avoided, but he chooses not to because he likes the power. He told me the situation would have been different if my son was rich and had money because his daughter is use to the life of luxury.

He already is, 60 days so far waiting. Your right, I know it, trying not to justify, just hurting. She uses "child abuse" get him to run to her. She is now 16. Even today she called his bestfriend to relay message that she will wait for him and loves him. OMG she won't quit! I changed my cell number and home phone so she would stop calling. Also we are trying to make a deal with the DA to ship him out of state to my brother in-laws. Best person in the family, very successful, financially strong. Would this work?

I agree 1000% with everything Army Judge has said.

The problem isn't the girl, or her father.

The problem is your son.

He's going to become - if he hasn't already - his own worst enemy.

He is at a lost. Trying to make a deal. Not sure if the judge will go for it. What would you suggest? Would this work? He is a good kid, very imature as you can tell. We don't want him to go to prison because if he does he will come back a different person, not a good one either. I want my son to have a life, not deal with legal problems where he can't get a job. Please guide me. Thanks

MsPatti123 said:
He already is, 60 days so far waiting. Your right, I know it, trying not to justify, just hurting. She uses "child abuse" get him to run to her. She is now 16. Even today she called his bestfriend to relay message that she will wait for him and loves him. OMG she won't quit! I changed my cell number and home phone so she would stop calling. Also we are trying to make a deal with the DA to ship him out of state to my brother in-laws. Best person in the family, very successful, financially strong. Would this work?

Yes, such deals are often made.

Sometimes, courts appreciate someone who takes responsibility for their actions, shows contrition and remorse, and pleads for mercy; tempered with justice.

Bottom line here is, this is a strict liability crime.

He's an adult, she's a child.

Adults (and their parents) KNOW adults do not befriend children.

My wife has taught high school for almost 40 years.

She tells her scholars, that she isn't their friend, nor does she seek to become their friend.

I rarely advise criminal defendants to do this, but for your son, this is "let's make a deal" time.

MsPatti123 said:

When the child contacts your family or friends document it.

Report it to the court.

Tell the DA and your son's lawyer about her phone call ASAP.

Submit proof, she needs to be stopped and sanctioned for her errors, too.

That, however, doesn't excuse or permit your son's failure to obey the judge's order.

Good advise, thank you very much. I will call his lawyer on Monday and try to make a deal with the DA. Hopefully it will appeal to all. Have a great night.

Mother is NOT Listening, Further Jeopardizing Son!

Stop the defensive, justifying behavior as it can add fuel to an already burning fire. Please don't be offended, I read your post entirely, I understand the details, your pain, and the plan of the police. Too much drama here, your son will be more vulnerable to detention if YOU don't rise above the whole situation (including the dad's machisimo) and keep a level head that your son can emulate. That the dad is an ex-cop is testament to his knowledge of the system and mastery over it, his 15yr old girl is still a minor. You will fight the system & it's injustices more effectively when you & your son are out from "line of fire", not in the middle of it. Your hysteria is expected by the system and the prosecution takes full advantage of that. Please re-read Amy's post. God-Speed & Good Luck.

The best thing to do in the end is for your son to avoid her. Don't answer her calls. All she has to do is say they had sex and he is really cooked due to their ages.

I just found out she wrote him a love letter at the jail. What should I do? He need not to read it, open it, correct? HELP!! She won't stop!!!

I just found out she wrote him a love letter at the jail. What should I do? He need not to read it, open it, correct? HELP!! She won't stop!!!

Your son is an adult. You need to stop fighting his battles and allow him to grow up. It's hard...But really important.

Your son can request that ALL mail from this person be returned unopened.

Your son violated the court order without question. All the other details really have no relevance. He was told not to do something and he did it anyway.

If there are concerns about abuse then all anyone needs to do is notify the authorities to look in to it.

Your son must cease all contact with this girl or he will continue going to jail, and rightfully so.

It is not a question of what YOU should do. What your son does with the letter that was sent to him is his own business. If he is smart he will not reply to it or contact the girl in any other way.

If anything, you can encourage him to destroy it and never read it. If necessary, your son could get an order against the girl to compel her to stop communicating with him as well... stop calling, stop mailing. If your son wants to he can keep the unopened letters and show phone bills that prove her continued attempts to contact him. The girls father would ultimately be responsible for her actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back