Need advise

C

Cecil brown

Jurisdiction
Texas
I was led to believe I was the of a baby boy for two years and I recently did a DNA test and found out I was not the father I'm paying child support how can I go about taking my name of the birth certificate and do away with the court order for child support

I was led to believe I was the of a baby boy for two years and I recently did a DNA test and found out I was not the father I'm paying child support how can I go about taking my name of the birth certificate and do away with the court order for child support

Immediately engage the services of a lawyer.
It's worth it.
There's not much you can do alone.

That could provoke other problems within marriage
I told my ex husband he could get a DNA test on our daughter if he wants. Even after we got married (which was two weeks or so before I had her). He said no. I know she's his. I haven't been with anyone in almost 5 years. But it came up even after the divorce when he said he had a paternity tests done on his two oldest. The oldest boy we all knew was his. His older daughter - everyone thought she wasn't his. He said he got a test done but all the got back was a piece of paper with like one sentence or something. Idk. She looks more like him now and either way he is her father. It was just odd how his ex said she's pregnant like a week after he finds out he has a 2 month old.

The other son he was married to his first wife when he was born but that kid is his. But either way I said go ahead and get one done. I'd be shocked as hell for it to come back that he wasn't the father.

That could provoke other problems within marriage

You don't need to let the other party know you tested the baby.

However, I've always heard females say to other males, "What have you got to hide?" LOL
All it takes is simple swab of the child's mouth.
You are right about ONE thing, if the test came back telling me I wasn't the DNA donor, I'd hot foot it over to a divorce lawyer.
Besides, if I wasn't the father, there would be problems in my marriage or relationship, wouldn't there?

My advice to all males, my sons included, don't you pay until you've confirmed everything via DNA!!!!

Back