Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

william50

I was badly mistreated by an EMT that worked for an ambulance service because I was in an inmate at a prison .He thought it was cool to jerk me around and treat me like a dog . I had a serious spinal injury and he would never treat someone on the outside like he did and get away with it. He was showing off for the officers . Anyway, I want to take legal action but I don't know his name .My question is , if I write a letter to the ambulance service should I tell them the truth ,and that I need his name so I can sue him :confused:or make up some other story .Is there another way to get his name .Its a 7 hr drive to where this all happened .Do I have to get some kind of court order to get his name.?

You could hire a lawyer to represent you in a personal injury lawsuit. The lawyer would then get his name.

You could also write a letter to the service asking for a report of the incident. As the person who was injured, they should be willing to send a copy of the episode to you. The names of all people involved should be on the report.

What injuries do you have as a result? What damages do you intend to seek?

Since you were an inmate, did you report the incident to the facility staff when this occurred? How long ago did this happen?

Also... any chance you were intoxicated at the time? If so, you already lost the argument.

Thank you for your time.

I have two bulging disks in my back due to this inncident.

I seek pain and suffering as well as Im unable to work because of his actions.

Many staff members (police officers)witnessed the event as I was rushed to a hospital outside of the prison and one officer said he would gladly testify that he witnessed the outrageous abuse .

It happened a year and a half ago.

I was not intoxicated ,I was already in prison when this happened.

Thank you for your time.

I have two bulging disks in my back due to this inncident.

I seek pain and suffering as well as Im unable to work because of his actions.

Many staff members (police officers)witnessed the event as I was rushed to a hospital outside of the prison and one officer said he would gladly testify that he witnessed the outrageous abuse .

It happened a year and a half ago.

I was not intoxicated ,I was already in prison when this happened.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/limitations_by_state/California.html

You should have filed some form of complaint at the time this happened. Also If you are going to sue you better hurry up, I think you only have 2 years from the time it happened. Good luck to you and hope all goes well.

Last edited:
Yep... get on it pronto if you are gonna do something.
The better documentation you have of the incident when it happened, as well as medical records that prove the problems you have are a result of the incident, then the better your chances are.
Without documentation you will have difficulty proving your injuries are not from some other incident that happened afterward.
You need to talk to a personal injury attorney... that would be a good start.

Do you happen to know if there was any disciplinary action taken on the officers involved? That would also be very helpful to your claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back