Need advice about copyrighted\pirated content hosting on website

S

Sudeep91

Jurisdiction
Asia
Please help me out, i need some advice on the following topic. I am looking forward to create a unique website by hosting videos/ songs, pictures, etc. and getting revenue generated by ad's. I'm confused that how copyright policies work, what will happen if i/myself or any other user puts any copyrighted material on my site or lets say a pirated movie/ commercial song video, etc.

Can i be getting directly sued by the material copyright owner or will he inform me before and provide me with sufficient time to remove the content from the site.

Even i specifically wanted to talk about the pirated movie stuff and music videos etc. as i have seen many websites being blocked because they used to host pirated movies, or used to host various mp3 audio songs to be downloaded by the user or similarly bit torrent websites, which i'm sure you might be aware of. Why they being blocked.

You'll need to contact an attorney/solicitor/barrister in your jurisdiction to ask them your question. But in the US, you can be charged with Federal crimes and pay huge fines associated with pirated material.

Can i be getting directly sued by the material copyright owner or will he inform me before and provide me with sufficient time to remove the content from the site.

Could go either way depending on how angry he is and how much money you are costing him.

Beyond that I agree with KatDini. Before you go into this business, consult an appropriate attorney.

Back