Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Need A help .Please Answer ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy321

Hello,

I was sitting in bar and got drunk then ask by bouncer of bar to leave when I was ready to leave then bouncer ask me to sign the bill because I never drink all the drinks I denied to sign and only wanted to pay for the drink I had I ask the cops to help me getting my credit card and ID back cops told me either I have to sign or he will take me to Jail and denied to sign and I got locked up now I have trail in court regarding this matter(on 21June)

Poloce office lock me and put the charges of "Theft of service" for $36 .

Is anybody can please help me finding this answers Please??

1. Is it felony crime if yes Which level of felony "A" ,"B" etc. ??

2.What kind of crime it will be defined I mean is Burglary, Battery , Felony ,
misdemeanor etc???

3. I talk to the club Manager and Paid him $40 bill later on and got the letter
from him stating tht I paid the Bill of $40 from the night incident happen
even I was not suppose to pay .So will this letter wil help me in a court
4. If let say if I will loose the case .Wat could be the worst punishment court
will give me ???

Please let me know ASAP because my hearing is on 21 June

Hello,

I was sitting in bar and got drunk then ask by bouncer of bar to leave when I was ready to leave then bouncer ask me to sign the bill because I never drink all the drinks I denied to sign and only wanted to pay for the drink I had I ask the cops to help me getting my credit card and ID back cops told me either I have to sign or he will take me to Jail and denied to sign and I got locked up now I have trail in court regarding this matter(on 21June)

Poloce office lock me and put the charges of "Theft of service" for $36 .

Is anybody can please help me finding this answers Please??

1. Is it felony crime if yes Which level of felony "A" ,"B" etc. ??

2.What kind of crime it will be defined I mean is Burglary, Battery , Felony ,
misdemeanor etc???

3. I talk to the club Manager and Paid him $40 bill later on and got the letter
from him stating tht I paid the Bill of $40 from the night incident happen
even I was not suppose to pay .So will this letter wil help me in a court
4. If let say if I will loose the case .Wat could be the worst punishment court
will give me ???

Please let me know ASAP because my hearing is on 21 June

You were smart to finally pay the club the $40.

You went to jail for a lousy, $36.

You learned a lesson, don't get drunk, and always pay the tab.

Actually, don't run a tab, pay for every drink when you order it.

That way you know what you're spending!

If you do the following things, this will go away.

No one from the club will show up to court on 21 June.

The cop might be there, no worries about that.

Before your case is called, seek the prosecutor and inform him/her that you paid, and you have a letter and receipt from the club proving that everything is okay.

Ask him if he'll dismiss the charges or choose to nolle prosse the case.

Be real nice and apologetic and say this was an unfortunate mistake.

Tell him you didn't understand what you were being asked, because you do not speak English all that well.

You were also slightly intoxicated, and didn't understand everything.

But, when the liquor wore off, you knew you had to fix this mess.

You went straight to the club and apologized to the manager and paid the tab.

He gave you a receipt and the letter and now you want this get dismissed.

That usually works, and if it does, in a few minute sthe judge will dismiss this case.

You'll have no record.

Even if he doesn't agree, he'll only ask for a small fine (so take $400 or so with you).

Pay the fine, its over.

This is nothing but a small ordinance offense.

This will be okay.

Theft of service of $36 is essentially the same as having swiped a $36 bottle of alcohol and walking out the door with it. It is a misdemeanor offense and, as said above, will most likely be resolved once you show proof that you have since paid and the company is not pursuing prosecution against you.

Thank You guys for your suggestions and advice but Let say If Judge will find my guilty and he will punish me with some sort of fine so do you think this will stay in record .I'm asking interms of when You apply to work in big companies and they run your Background check or any body will check my Background will it come ?? and Also if you guys can tell me if I found guilty and they and in future am apllying for job there is a peragraph asking for "If you ever been arrested " so should I say yes or no (once I they find me guilty ) and If I don't find Guilty this will never come in my record ... right .. Guys thank you for time and support !!!!!

If you were to be convicted you would have a misdemeanor record... however a petty theft of this amount can also be handled as a simple infraction.
Usually job applications are only concerned with felony convictions, which this is not.

If you should be convicted in court (which is probably not going to happen) just be sure to clarify so you know whether you are being convicted of a misdemeanor or an infraction. If it is an infraction then you never have to tell anyone. If it is a misdemeanor then it might depend on how the question on the application for employment is phrased.

So let say if I'm convicted in a court as a infraction. So next time if cops will stop me and ask me if I ever been arrested so should I say no to them as well ??

Thanks

So let say if I'm convicted in a court as a infraction. So next time if cops will stop me and ask me if I ever been arrested so should I say no to them as well ??

Thanks

First of all, no employer will ask if you've been arrested.
Such a question is illegal to ask.
They will ask if you've been convicted.
You won't be convicted of anything, now that you've paid the bar owner.
This case will get kicked.
Just keep pleading NOT GUILTY, until they tell you this case has been dismissed or nolle prossed.

Thank you once again Guys !!!!
It's a great help . I will do the same and let you guys know the result .It's on 21 June .

But learn my lesson . Will know go to bar again ,will buy a case of Bud and drink it at home . :)

Guys .Good news My case is "Adjournment in contemplation of dismissal" for 6 months it will be dismiss Automatic but when i see the Police paper work Police officwe put this charge as Misd. class A I don't know why because it was less then 50 dollors .
But I'm out of this mess .

Can anybody tell me why Judge gave a this decision because this is my first time and they want to observe my behaviour for 6 months ??

The officer charged you with a misdemeanor as he should... it is the option of the prosecutor to reduce it to an infraction. Had you been arrested over one penny the officer would still write it up as a misdemeanor.

Your case was dismissed most likely because you paid the bill and the company was not interested in following through with prosecution.

Stay out of trouble for six months and it will all be gone.... it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back