NC - Unauthorized Use of Conveyance

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3fanatic

If a vehicle owner in North Carolina gives permission to another person to use his vehicle and adds the new person to his own insurance policy on the vehicle, can he then claim unauthorized use if the new person abandons the vehicle and leaves the state?

There was no illegal activity going on, the person left for his own reasons.

It would be untrue that you did not authorize the use of the vehicle. If the vehicle was damaged or stolen you could sue the individual for not taking due care of your vehicle. What happened that makes you want to do this?

I dont think you understood my question. Let me make it easier for you to understand.

Here is the situation:

Person A owns a vehicle. Person A lets Person B drive his vehicle. Person A also puts Person B on his car insurance policy. Person B uses the vehicle for a while, but then leaves the vehicles and moves out of state without telling Person A. Person A files a report for Unauthorized Use of Conveyance.

Three years later, Person B finds out that there is a misdemeanor in that state for Unauthorized Use of Conveyance. How should Person B handle this?

You are a smart alack and expect us to be straight with you. I understood your post fine. You left out the last part in your first post.

Three years later, Person B finds out that there is a misdemeanor in that state for Unauthorized Use of Conveyance. How should Person B handle this?

Don't you think this part is rather important to getting the answer you are looking for?

You know I would probably answer your question but your attitude makes me unlikely to care if you solve your problem. Who knows, someone else here might not care if you are rude an obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back