Name Change Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grace1990

I'm looking to change my name in Michigan. (Change my first, make my first & middle a double-barrelled middle name and change my last name)
I'm wondering two things:

1) Although I am not trying to run from debt or anything like that, will the judge not allow my name change (since i'm changing like ALL of my name) if I have debts i'm paying off. I really don't intend to not pay off anything, I just want to change my name.
&
2) What reasons would I put for changing my name? I know I have a list of reasons like my mother (whom I do not know) keeps stealing my identity, I have the last name of my father who is not actually my birth father, I don't stay in contact with my family and i'm looking for a new name thats nice for a business, etc. (my current name is just really, really awful) Theres just one little line on the petition to list my reason and i'm just not sure how to summarize or what.

I really appreciate any help.

When u file u can put would like to request name change due to biological father never present in my life and also put mother constantly taking idenity. That is enough for the courts. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back