Passport n600 or US passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

marioap

On form N600 Part 5 section H it reads: dates of residence and /or Physical Presence in the U.S. "of your U.S. citizen mother"
could you help me with the time frame that is requiered by law to aquiered a certificate of citizenship for me ?

I assume you are looking for this provision of the law:

Sec. 322. [8 U.S.C. 1433] (a) A parent who is a citizen of the United States 2/ (or,if the citizen parent has died during the preceding 5 years, a citizen grandparent or citizen legal guardian) may apply for naturalization on behalf of a child born outside of the United States who has not acquired citizenship automatically under section 320. The Attorney General shall issue a certificate of citizenship to such applicant 2/ upon proof, to the satisfaction of the Attorney General, that the following conditions have been fulfilled:

(1) At least one parent 3/ (or, at the time of his or her death, was) is a citizen of the United States, whether by birth or naturalization.

(2) The United States citizen parent--

(A) has 4/ (or, at the time of his or her death, had) been physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years; or

(B) has 4/ (or, at the time of his or her death, had) a citizen parent who has been physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back