My wife lied

L

Lane

Jurisdiction
Virginia
My wife got a divorce stating she did not know my where abouts in VA I did not find out after a year when she told me to go to VA court house and they confirm, I was shock and we have a son together. After that I received letter in mail that stated while married to me she had child.

What legal action can I take?

Thanks so much!

Don

My wife got a divorce stating she did not know my where abouts in VA I did not find out after a year when she told me to go to VA court house and they confirm, I was shock and we have a son together. After that I received letter in mail that stated while married to me she had child.

What legal action can I take?

Thanks so much!

Don

Legally you are the father.
Why?
The law imputes your parentage by virtue of your lawful marriage.
If you doubt that you're the ACTUAL father, you can request a paternity test.
However, you're probably need to understand the divorce.
It's more efficient to kill two birds with one stone.
Therefore, I suggest you retain a lawyer to one, to have a lawyer explain the divorce your wife obtained; two, request a paternity test on the child.

Logic tells anyone that if you weren't with your wife for over a year, you're not the real father.

See the lawyer, ASAP.

You have many problems that are too big for you to fix alone.

I'd be happy about the divorce.

The marriage is destroyed anyway.

Were you in prison or jail for the last year?

If you were a convicted felon, she had a right to divorce you.

Besides, she cheated and got bred by some dude from the 'hood, tat ain't good, so you're better off without her.

A few details would be helpful. Where were you during this year the divorce was taking place? Did your wife know that? Any chance the child is yours? Was the child born before or after the divorce?

Back