Other Criminal Charges & Offenses My very 1st charge is Grand Theft, & I have questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle6977

Ok I live in Polk County Fl. I made a stupid mistake that gave me my 1st ever charge. I am 29 single mother of 4. My charge is Felony Grand theft. I go for my arraignment in a week, I would like to plea no contest or even guily, my question is this is there a possibility that the judge could give me a withhold ajudgication , as long as I complete whatever the state recommends of me restitutaion , court costs, etc.

Do they do adjudgcation withheld on felony cases.

Or is there a possibility I could get time

I just want to get this behind me & move on, I know I was wrong in whatI did. I am not on drugs, I was trying to take care of my children, I kick myself in the butt on a daily for doing this, I am so much better then this, I have never even been in trouble before
I do have a public defender who I can not get a hold of, was told they will see me on the court date, Im trying to figure my plan of action, no sense dragging this out if I can take care of it on 1st court date...hope this makes sense..
THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Last edited:
Okay, I understand your concern and anxiousness, but slow down.
You should plead NOT GUILTY.
Then ask for a PUBLC defender, if you can't hire your own lawyer.
Once you have a lawyer, discuss ALL of your concerns with him or her.
He or she can better guide you.
The worst thing you can do before you work with your lawyer is plead guilty without consulting a real, living, breathing attorney you have met and come to trust.
You also don't want to discuss this, or ask for free information.
Yours is a very serious charge.
You are innocent until the state proves your guilt, or you plead guilty.
So, slow down, take a deep breath, educate yourself, choose wisely.
If your record is fairly clean, the worst that USUALLY happens is probation, even for a small, time felony.
So, see what your real attorney advises, think about it, then decide.
No need to rush things, that's how you got in this mess, right?

Agree that you need to get a lawyer or if you can't afford one ask the court if they will appoint you a public defender. Do not plead guilty. Discuss your situation only with the lawyer or PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back